Anyone who EBF followed by short break?

motherofboys

Reaction score
Not sure if the title makes sense LOL
I'm back to start my journey with baby number 4. My first 2 babies I only managed a few weeks each and number 3 I breastfed for 2 yearss 11 months. I got my BFP a few days after finishing nursing him. So have had about an 8 month break between feeding one 'baby' and the next.
Anyway I've noticed some differences and just want my mind putting at ease really, so after other peoples experiences.
With all 3 of my others, my breasts leaked from 28 weeks into pregnancy, and then on day 3 after birth I woke up with massive, rock hard boobs, that were pouring with milk and so uncomfortable.
This time I didn't leak at all in pregnancy, in fact my breasts felt the same the entire time, not even a tingle. Today is day 3 and no rocks! Or leakage.
He is swallowing, they fill a little fuller today, but they feel like they did a few months into breastfeeding DS3, like when my supply had settled.
He is pooing great, only weeing a very small amount.
Is my body just being more efficient because there was such a short break between feeding one then the next or should I be concerned about supply. I'm drinking plenty and eating. I mean, after successfully breastfeeding for almost 3 years my boobs can't 'break' right lol

I would guess that your milk hadnt completely dried up since bf 3rd baby and thats the reason. As long as you are getting plenty healthy nappies and he gains weight i wouldnt worry.:thumbup:

At his 5 day heel prick and weigh-in he had only lost 1% of his body weight. And I have never known a child poo so much! All a good colour. My boobs feel full before a feed and I've seen milk run down his chin when his pulled off suddenly. So its there. I was just a bit worried supply wise with not having any of the usual leaking and engorgement. But all seems to be fine.

Sounds like you're doing perfect to me!!! Lucky you with no leaks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->