Anyone who is pregnant with twins...

Aphrodite

Reaction score
I know its a bit premature to ask as I havent even started ICSI. But I have a terrible phobia of being sick and I was just wondering if any of you with twins had escaped lightly or were worse?? I only ask as we want 2 embies put back in if poss and Im just weighing up all my options.

Sorry if this sounds silly and premature but knowledge is power girls!!

ive heard if youre carrying twins you are doubly likely to have MS because you have double the hormones :sad1:

sorry hun

x

My experience is this....I have been pregnant now 7 times. 1 daughter and 5 losses and now pregnant with twins (which was not done by IVF). In ALL my other pregnancies, I experience NO MS whatsoever. With my daughter, I puked ONE time and that was after getting overheated in the shower. But no daily MS at all.

With the twins, at 5wks and 3dys I started feeling a BIT naseaus. However, I am nearly 10 wks now and have yet to puke. I have dry heaved 3 or 4 times (both time after a hot shower) and gagged a few times on bad smells (my vitamins or somehting else that set me off), but NO puking.

So, I can definately say that the Twins have exxagerated my MS from what I have experienced in other pregnancies. BUT...I will say that if you have nothing to compare it to (other pregnancies) than it will be hard to say what you will get, because not everyone gets MS and others, even with a singleton get it worse than even I have it now....so you never know. AND some get it as early as conception, while others don't get it until 7-9wks!! Just be prepared for anything.

I'm having twins and i'm 7 weeks pregnant today. Have felt sick and have been sick twice but other than that I haven't had much ms at all really. Hope I haven't spoken too soon! xx

Hi hope u don't mind me hijacking this thread... I was just wondering _Hope_ how u know u r having twins at 7 wks?? I'm 4 weeks now, got my BFP yesterday and I've Bern told I don't have my first midwife appointment until I'm 8 weeks! Is this normal? Did u have a scan/appointment before 8 weeks???
Xxx

Aphrodite - I've had really bad nausea (like, 24/7) and couldn't even stand strong smells or going to the kitchen some days, but have never actually been sick.

Nausea started at around 5 weeks and is only now easing off and I have the odd day where the nausea comes and goes.

Equally as difficult as the nausea is the exhaustion - some days I literally feel I could fall sound asleep at 3pm!!

Hi hope u don't mind me hijacking this thread... I was just wondering _Hope_ how u know u r having twins at 7 wks?? I'm 4 weeks now, got my BFP yesterday and I've Bern told I don't have my first midwife appointment until I'm 8 weeks! Is this normal? Did u have a scan/appointment before 8 weeks???
Xxx

Seasidebaby: I went for an early scan at 5 weeks and the obgyn saw 2 sacs. Went back 2 weeks later and saw the heartbeats!

I have waves of nausea on and off through out the day. I have only vomited twice and both times after a hot shower in the evening.

I know women who only have a singleton and puke non stop all day, so there is no guarantee.
I am alot more tired, however I am also turning 36 in Jan so I am older, no longer in my 20's like I was with my boys.

I suggest getting the two put back in. I think the odds of both taking anyway are like 1 in 5 and by putting two back in will increase your odds.

MS usually starts around 6wks and lasts up to around 12 -14 wks with some easing at around 11wks.

Good luck on your journey

When I was pregnant with my twinnies, I had MS pretty much all the way through.

I've only puked one time so far. Lots of heaving in the mornings, but nothing ever comes of it. I wasn't sick at all with my first pregnancy- my daughter. So yes it has been worse, but it could have been worse with only one baby too.

Xxx

Hi there, I had painful cramping last week and was sent for an emergency internal scan, where they found :baby::baby: and a ovarian cyst! (which is the cause of my pain) x

Hi, oh right I hope everything is ok now - Sounds painful! Thanks for the help I just thought it was strange that a few people knew they were having twins and yet I'm not even allowed first midwife appointment till 8 weeks! Twins run in my family so I am kinda hoping I am the lucky one and find out I'm having two bundles of joy as well.
Congrats to u and I hope everything is ok! Xx

Hi, oh right I hope everything is ok now - Sounds painful! Thanks for the help I just thought it was strange that a few people knew they were having twins and yet I'm not even allowed first midwife appointment till 8 weeks! Twins run in my family so I am kinda hoping I am the lucky one and find out I'm having two bundles of joy as well.
Congrats to u and I hope everything is ok! Xx

Hi, I am approaching 11 weeks pregnant with twins and have had no MS at all :)thumbup:) - this is my first pregnancy so I have nothing to compare against. I have a few little waves of nausea but nothing at all to worry about. I just think everyone is different.... good luck !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->