Anyone with a dog? Some help please.

Laura2919

Team Twilight!!
Reaction score
I've got a dorset olde tyme bulldog and she sheds like no tomorrow! Hair everywhere!!!

I hoover twice a day and there's more lol. The girls have been out in the garden so I thought I'd give her a brush and oh my I could have filled a pillow.

I've not known her to shed so much hair before and I thought she might be getting her summer coat but do they actually change coats. I've noticed over the last few weeks she's really bad for it. she could scratch and leave a whole bunch of hair on the floor. She has wirey hair rather than fur and it just sticks to everything..

She also has this greasy white stuff that rubs off when you stroke her but I've heard thats like a protection for their skin.

I don't really know but I wondered if there was something that could reduce the amount she malts.

Sorry, no advice here! I've got an English Bulldog and she malts like crazzzzyyy but she's always been like that! :shrug: I've put shrugs over my chairs/ sofas so they're easy to clean but thats about it :/

Sorry hun! xxxx

I think I might have to invest in a Dyson Animal rather than my Hetty Hoover because they are the best when you've got animals. I can't wear black or I go out looking like Twix :rofl: I love the little beast but she covers my flat in hair lol

Haha! I've got wooden floors so when I blush it up theres loads of hair! We picked her up from the kennels the other day and as she was walking along hair was FLYING off of her because she hadn't been brushed in 10 days! :haha:

Twix is like that, she can just shake and cover everyone in hair :rofl:

lmao omg I have a Victorian Bulldogge and he is the SAME!! Hair gets EVERYWHERE. I have wooden floors and I have a dyson animal and it is a godsend. I vacuum pretty well every day and wash the floors after every vacuum and the next day it looks like I did NOTHING lol oh the little guys are so cute, but holy hell!!

I also have a furminator brush which is really good and helps him not to shed like that for a few days at a time.

i have a furminator for my cat - it gets rid of alot of the hair its this one -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...s_Dogs&var=&hash=item6d767c90ee#ht_1290wt_690

Get yourself a Miele cat & dog vacuum cleaner! I have 3 dogs and this is the only vacuum that can 100% get rid of the fur out of my carpets! Dysons aint very good IMHO x

I have to disagree on the dyson, I have had a LOT of vacuums in my day and I love my dyson more than anything

Oh don't get me wrong my old dyson was great before i had dogs! But my Miele wipes the floor with it (no pun intended :lol: ) :)

Ah I might get one of those furminators they look good. Does it really do something though? lol. Don't wanna waste £20.

My mum has a Dyson Animal thats why I thought of it cos I have used it and it's great but thanks for the tip I'll definitely look into a Miele.

Furminator definitely worth the money

i dont have a dog anymore, but when i had my golden retriever, i found the better food i fed her the less she would shed. i have a dyson and its the best vaccuum out there!:)

yep furminator really works - the amount of hir it gets rid of is amazing, does your dog like being brushed as thats what it basically is x

Furminators are great :thumbup:

Our Welsh Springer is moulting at the moment and it's a nightmare. Everything is covered in hair ALL OF THE TIME!!! It's doing nothing for my nesting instinct :haha:

I have two siberian huskies. Every time I brush right now I can make my own pillows as they're shedding their undercoat. We use a ferminator. I vacuum and sweep our hardwood floors everyday and 2 hours later a giant hairball rolls by like a tumbleweed from a western movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->