Anyone with a tattoo on the back of the neck?

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I had a new tattoo done on Saturday afternoon. Ever since it has been really sore and this morning when I woke up it was mega scabby and some of the scabs have come off and my hair is embedded in the scabs :/

Is this normal? I'm worried of it going funny. I've had tattoos before so I know it's normal for them to scab but I've never had a tattoo be so scabby with the scabs falling off so soon?

I've put a thin layer of savalon on this morning to try and make it less dry.

sometimes tattoos can do that because the needle has gone a little deep or too much ink has been used.
but also sometimes it can be from infection. I've only got line work on the back of my neck so wouldn't know exactly. it did go a little drier than my other tattoos though so i don't know if its something to do with the location of it.

try asking someone to take a picture of it so you can see what its looking like so you can judge it better.

I think it's got something to do with my hair that's stuck under the scabs.. I've tried to get it out but it just pulls the scabs with it :(

I think i'd go back and ask them to just check it over?

x

I have one there too but never had any problems with it, I used Bepanthen on it and it healed very quickly. I'd probably get it checked over when you can x

It sounds like the tattooist has gone too deep, don't worry about scabs coming off it is an easy place to catch and with hair caught in it it is inevitable. Maybe try braiding your hair to keep it away (if it's long enough). Most reputable tattooists will offer you a free touch up if it is slightly patchy after healing.

Also I'd put the savalon away, it can damage tattoos by pulling the colour out, try bepanthen instead or even forever ink which is now sold in boots?

I have one on back of my neck u are meant to leave the dressing on for 48 hours and it can be normal for ur hair to stick

What does it mean if the tattooist goes in too deep?

I didn't know that about savalon. I've got 7 tattoos and used it on all of them bar one (used sudocrem on one- big no no!) and they are fine. I don't have any bepantham and left the pram in the car and hubby's got the car so I'll have to pick some up tomorrow.

When I had my tattoo done the tattooist told me to leave the dressing on for 1 hour. He didn't say anything about 48 hours x

48hrs is to stop it drying out too quick.

It just means they've pushed a little too hard on the needle, it's not the end of the world but it can cause significant damage on a tattoo in the worst case scenario. Just keep it well moisturised and swap to bepanthen asap :thumbup: it can be a bit sticky and hard to spread so put the tube in a jug of warm water for a minute or so before using :happydance:

It just means they've pushed a little too hard on the needle, it's not the end of the world but it can cause significant damage on a tattoo in the worst case scenario. Just keep it well moisturised and swap to bepanthen asap :thumbup: it can be a bit sticky and hard to spread so put the tube in a jug of warm water for a minute or so before using :happydance:

Ok thank you! I hope my tattoo doesn't look a mess when the scabs have completely come off :(

Ok thank you! I hope my tattoo doesn't look a mess when the scabs have completely come off :(

I'm sure it won't, like I say it is the worst case scenario and even if it was too happen it can easily be touched up and repaired :thumbup:

Let it heal and enjoy your new tattoo :hugs:

as others have said keep it well moisturised and try not to pick. may just mean you need it touched up slightly.

Savlon v's Bepanthen is just preference between tattoo artists, if they like one they will argue for it ;) I've always used Savlon too and I have 9 - each of my tattoo artists preffered something different xx

If you google savlon not for tattoos you will find the recipe changed a good few years ago, adding in new ingredients which are not good for tattoos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->