Reaction score
im having a blood test next week to test for it my symptoms are

cold all the time
very tired
swollen neck
foggyness
generally feeling very unwell
:(

I had blood tests to check for an under active thyroid last week but the thyroid part came back okay. I've got to have a scan next month because the doctor is convinced I've got an under active thyroid.

I'm constantly tired, very large thyroid gland, struggling to lose weight despite eating healthy, hair loss, always cold.

My mum also has an under active thyroid too.

The good thing is that it's treatable :flower:

Yes, I found out a few weeks ago that I have Hypothyroidism, which the doctor said is an underactive thyroid. I have all thr same symptoms as you have plus difficulty loosing weight. I started Thyroxine just under a month ago and I'm feeling a bit better already, so if you have got it, its easily treatable!

Good luck for your blood test hun, let us know how it goes xx

see im also struggling with losing my baby weight which is unusual for me:/ when the medication kicks in will i be able to lose the weight? if i even av it lol x

Hi I've had an underactive thyroid for nearly 5 years now, kickstarted due to pregnancy according to the dr! Once they get your levels right with meds it's lovely, you feel like you have your brain back for a start..... I am a little on the large side, but if I put my mind to it and exercise and eat healthily I can lose weight (I love food too much though ;) ) If you go on to get pregnant, you need to make sure the drs keep track of your levels and you usually need to up your dosage to keep everything healthy (on drs advice obviously). Hope you get it all worked out x

So glad I'm not alone in this. My symptoms became extreme a couple weeks ago after a chemical mc.
Cold, muscle weakness, fainty, exhausted, puffy eyes, weight gain for no reason, headaches, swollen neck, irregular heart beat, weird AF, infertility, constipation for over a year, the list goes on and on.
Blood work comes back this week so hopefully it shows something!

You're far from alone. 1 in 7 women have it and it's normally more common in family lines so ask your relatives and see if anyone else has it as they would be able to help you with any questions etc.

Symptoms are as long as your arm tbh. I've had it for 4 years now, but my Mum has had it for 30 years. Mine was caused by stress on the thyroid in pregnancy - the gland has to produce more to provide for the baby in the first trimester and the stress of that can be enough to push it into failure. My first symptoms were inability to lose weight, cold all the time, dry skin, hair falling out, sweet things taste 'off', muggy feeling in my head like nothing really makes sense - I end up asking the same questions over and over again. If left untreated or undertreated it can cause problems with your immune system, bones and all sorts. Can also lead to depression. You're also more susceptible to the common cold as you have a slightly weakened immune system and your body takes ages to fight off illnesses.

It's not all doom and gloom though. Blood tests will show one way or the other, once you get onto medication you will very quickly start to feel better. There's varying degrees and types but essentially you'll be on tablets for life. In the UK that also means free prescriptions for life too :thumbup: which is a bonus. I've also been pregnant twice while being hypo and it's really not a massive problem, especially if you're medicated. you're given extra tests and extra medication but essentially you're treated as low risk.

Any questions please let me know. :flower:

So glad I'm not alone in this. My symptoms became extreme a couple weeks ago after a chemical mc.
Cold, muscle weakness, fainty, exhausted, puffy eyes, weight gain for no reason, headaches, swollen neck, irregular heart beat, weird AF, infertility, constipation for over a year, the list goes on and on.
Blood work comes back this week so hopefully it shows something!

It may have been the stress of that last batch of hormones that tipped it over. however a thyroid condition can lead to infertility/miscarriage if not treated so even if you felt well, there may have been some underlying issue. I hope they get it sorted for you :hugs:

Thanks so much lovely. I've experienced all the symptoms you have too! Depression has really hit me hard unfortunately. DH is being dramatic and thinks it's Hashimotos lol
I've had 6 mc's and they're just now testing me for thyroid issues. So hopefully that's what it is and life will get easier. Blood work comes in hopefully tomorrow, so I'll update when I know!

I didn't know thyroid problems could cause fertility problems. That could be the reason I had a mmc at 7 weeks and a chemical before falling pregnant with my LO. Hopefully I'll get some answers when I go for my thyroid scan on 11th April x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->