Anyone with experience??

Kristalebear1

<3 Isobel's Mommy <3
Reaction score
So I've talked with my OB and she gave me the go ahead to start pumping and freezing my colostrum I'm 36wks. She told me since I am not at risk for pre term labor that I could go ahead and start. (I am in bed rest but not for risks of preterm labor, long story)

I did tonight and aside from a tad of soreness after which wasn't near bad, I got 1 Oz!!! I am so happy as it was my first go at actually pumping and freezing for future use. Not to mention its colostrum which I heard is hard to pump.

One of my breast seems to put out a whole lot more.. Is that normal? I was also wonder the baby was really active during pumping (I have a hand pump) is that normal for others? I haven't gotten any contractions or BH I could feel so I'm not to worried but she was tossing around quite a bit. Also I feel I don't know euphoric right now, like a cloud nine in a way haha. I feel fine though.

I have decided I will be strictly pumping and bottle feeding breast milk. I hate my nipples touched I dint know how to explain it. (OH is allowed to touch my boobs but he knows I hate direct nipple stimulation which he's fine with as he's a butt man anyway :haha:) even pumping makes me feel... I don't know dirty?.? Its hard to explain it but I just know pumping is the inky real way I will be comfortable. I know it'll be harder but I just feel its right for me, anyone else do this? How did it work out?

Wow 1oz! You've got LO's first 10 feeds already...I never got any before the birth.

Yes it is normal for one to produce more than the other as the structures inside vary from person to person and breast to breast but the more you stimulate it the more it will produce.

You are allowed to choose your own feeding method as you are Mum, but I have read a few other threads on here about people not liking their nipples touched (like want to throw up and shrivel inside kind of hate) who found that the experience of breastfeeding felt entirely different when the time came. No pressure, just saying it is possible.

It's very normal for one breast to produce more milk than the other. :thumbup:

I only pumped while my boys were in NICU (I breastfed them directly once they came home), so I can't help you with any long term pumping questions. :dohh:

Well done on getting 1oz already! I leaked like crazy buy never pumped before I gave birth :)

I've always been sensitive with my nipples but like noon child mentioned, I found it a completely different experience. You know what's best for you and baby but don't be afraid to give it a try!

I'm exclusively pumping right now. Catelyn was having a hard time with my flow and would be awfully sick and gassy after every feed. We couldn't do tummy time and I'd have to keep her upright for at least half hour after feeds, even then she would still be sick once I put her down. Switching to bottles has been a complete turnaround. She's barely ever sick and is now enjoying lots of tummy time!

The best advice I can give, is to never skip pumping! I've learnt the hard way and have been trying to get my supply up the last few days!! There's some great groups on Facebook for exclusively pumping mums that have lots of tips and advice too!

Do what's best for you, but I just wanted to add that I am one of those people who HATES my nipples being touched, like really hate it. I even posted a threat here about it when I was pregnant becuase I really wanted to breastfeed but the thought of it was just so unappealing to me, but as PP said, it really is totally different breastfeeding.

I HATE HATE HATE having my nipples touched. It's honestly my first instinct to punch whoever's touching them. :haha: It makes me cringe big time. But I breastfed my LO for 3 years. It is a completely different feeling.

I would try feeding directly. I pumped almost full-time when I was going to school and working part time (I was gone for 12 hours a lot of days), and it's really tough. I don't think I could have continued if I had had to wake up to pump in the middle of the night as well. I really think nursing is worth a shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->