Anyone with extra lipase??

mommy2be1003

Mommy of 1
Reaction score
I breastfed DD until 16 months... But all the way through she would never take a bottle only on rare occasion if I just expressed it and fed it to her. If stored in the fridge for over a few hours or frozen and thawed it smelled terrible and tasted gross. I recently became aware of extra lipase in breastmilk and you have to scald the milk before freezing... Did anyone else have this issue? I would really like DH feel more involved as well as have some free time with DD without having to always nurse the new baby. If you've had extra lipase once does it always mean you will have it with every child??? Any info would be great

I did with my first. Had a freezer full of useless milk. Haven't bothered expressing with this one so can't help with whether I still have it or not. But it was very frustrating!

I had to Google what your talking about never heard or it before

I know what you are going through. I've been scalding my breastmilk before freezing and it does the trick. Ive read that its very easy to heat in a bottle warmer but I just heat mine in a small pan on the stove.

This is my first child... so im not sure if its something you're stuck with for each baby. I kind of hope not. Its a pain. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->