Anyone with High Betas but only 1 baby?

barbikins

Mom to DD (RIP) & DS
Reaction score
Hey Girls,

I'm understanding that high Beta doesn't mean twins...only an us/s can really tell you what's going on. But everyone keeps teasing me about my numbers & having twins. I would only like to have 1 bun in the oven! LOL

Anyway can you girls let me know that have had high Beta's what your numbers were & your subsequent Beta's? Cheers!

My first was 751 @ 16dpo & then 1724 @ 18dpo

I had 11,265 at 5w1d and 20164 5w4d. I've had 4 u/s. They have only found 1 baby so far. I'm currently 11w3d.

Beta #1 17 days past ovulation 266
#2 19 days after ovulation 489. One baby on board xxx

With my daughter at 14 dpo was 1310. I actually thought I had 10 in there. But nope just one superbaby! lol

5452 at 20dpo, 37432 at 29dpo, ultrasound today saw 1 baby :)

im glad to hear the big numbers resulted in 1 baby.
i keep having woman freak me out that im probably having two b/c of my beta yet your beta can't tell you if you're having multiples. we are just hoping for 1 bean.

4w6d (21 DPO) mine was 18,762 and I had one little girlie!

Ya the funny thing was my GP tried telling me it was within range. But he was looking at 4 weeks since conception not since LMP.(not very smart in the baby area). Average for 2 weeks since conception is about 100 but can range from 50-420. Mine were really high but I have read here that one lady said her betas were higher with her singleton then her twins.

Mine were really high, so they did an early ultrasound- they thought I was further along or had twins. Just one baby AND I wasn't as far along as they thought! :haha:

Good luck!!

I like hearing these stories! Keep them coming lol
I think that's in part why we're doing a 5 week 5 day scan...to see what's going on in there. I am glad not to have to wait until 7 weeks to find out if its two or one. It's the one thing that's weighing on my mind these days.

Mine were very high at 13dpo it was 131, 15dpo was 832 and 21dpo was 6399 and I have a singleton

At 6w exactly my beta was 52000. Pretty darn high. Lol. I've had multiple scans though and just one baby.

14 dpo 897
21 dpo 6100
6 weeks yesterday: 23980!

Only one in there so far, with a strong little heartbeat :flower:

Mine were just 13613 at 6+0 with Identical twins. Betas are not a good predictor of twins. However, IF you put one back, there is a good possibility. In our case, total surprise, but it was natural and frat twins and triplets run in my family. Of course, ID twins are usually thought to be random

Ds2 digi BFP 8dpo, 13dpo 197, 15dpo 411 6weeks 106,000 (singleton from clomid with two mature follicles)

One lost in January 13dpo 204, 6w 34,000 8w 77,000 (singleton from single natural ovulation, FD @10w)

This one is really low compared to those two.

wowsas girls! That's great. Honestly does make me feel better, so thank you! I have my scan the weekend of the 10th so I hope to only see 1 :)
We plan to go on Mother's day! WHOOP

dan-o, very sorry for your loss xo

with my son (this one) I had a strong bfp frer and digital at the latest I could have been was 8 dpo, confirmed. I was at 21500 at 5w6d. def only one in there. xx

I will be finding out next weekend via ultrasound if its one or two. I'm crossing fingers very hard its just 1!
I have another Beta tomorrow. I am sure this one will be pretty high being the third test.

with my son:
16dpo--2900

22dpo--18,025

There was only one. Dr. did not consider (or mention) that my numbers were even high. Not sure if they were. Think they were in range. Everyone's different, but there is a correlation (iirc) between high hcg and successful pregnancies:) Of course in rare circumstances, it can not be great. Your numbers look fine hon. I wouldn't worry.

I don't think Betas mean much when determining twins. My initial Beta was 275 at 14/15dpo, then it was 680 at 16/17dpo. At 23dpo it was 11,000. So... my numbers were high, but they weren't astronomical and nothing that screamed multiples. At my 6w ultrasound, we discovered twins. But... I wouldn't stress hon. Whatever will be, will be, and you have just as much chance of one bub with those numbers as two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->