ANyone with irregular cycles ovulate after HSG?

LesleyL

new mommy of twin girls!
Reaction score
I haven't had my period or o'd on own since last May when I quit bcp. I am to start Clomid in April and am having a HSG tomorrow am. Just wondering if anyone had this procedure and o'd on their own after getting negative opk readings in the past? It would be so nice to conceive naturally without the Clomid. Thx!

I haven't done an HSG test (actually decided not to for now just gonna give Clomid a go) but I didn't want to read and run. Good luck with your test and hopefully it will be the start of your BFP!

Ovulation and HSG have nothing to do one with another. Ovulation is hormonal process, HSG is just mechanically passing dye through your fallopian tubes. It won't do anything to your hormones or ovulation.

Actually, from everything I've read and what my RE told me, you are sometimes MORE likely to get pregnant after HSG because it can clear out some of the blockages in your tubes.

Good luck!

Actually, from everything I've read and what my RE told me, you are sometimes MORE likely to get pregnant after HSG because it can clear out some of the blockages in your tubes.

Good luck!

It doesn't matter how clear your tubes are if there's no egg to go through them. Sorry to be a party stopper, but clear tubes have nothing to do with ovulation.

k just curious. thanks ladies. i had it done today. it was aweful. i hated it.

Sorry it was awful. I had mine done a couple of weeks ago. not fun, but not as bad as I had expected.

In terms of the ovulation, yes, that is correct, having an HSG will not cause you to ovulate or make you more likely to ovulate, but it can help allow that egg, if released, to travel down the tubes in order to be fertilize. That's how it can help with fertility (from what I've heard - I'm not a doctor). Sorry if i was not clear in my previous post.

I just had an hsg done and I know there really is no reason for it, but I was 5 days late the month I had it done. I am usually regular to the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->