Anyone with PCOS that ovulates??

hopettc3

Reaction score
Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago. I took Clomid successfully for both my little girls. I've moved recently and my hubby and I wanted to try for one more little one. My doctor never really told me if I actually ovulated on my own or not. I assumed I didn't because we tried for so long and couldn't get pregnant. My periods are super irregular and can be anywhere from 1-6 months apart. I'm planning on seeing a local doctor to see if they can help me understand exactly whats going on with my body, but until then I was just wondering if anyone out there with PCOS has gotten pregnant without help. Does anyone ovulate on their own?
Hubby and I started BDing without protection a couple weeks and now I'm having weird symptoms. I don't think I'm pregnant, but I'm having sore BBs, and mild cramping. I don't know if AF is coming since it can be whenever. I guess I'll have to wait for doctor, but any comments would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi Hun,

I was diagnosed with PCOS at 16 after having very irregular periods and having scans done, few years later after multiple m/c my doc said they doubt I'd ever had children without help so after months of crying and upset we discovered we where pregnant but yet again sadly had a early m/c but 3 months later, managed to fall pregnant with a sticky! I now have a 3 yo son also managed to fall pregnant whilst on the mini pill! So have a 19month daughter also!

Have you tried ov tests to see if your ovulating?

I came off the mini pill and have just finished a mammoth 9 day af. I'm attempting to do it without medication this time. Going to let things be this month and then maybe buy some ov tests next month to see what's going on xxx

sammynashley: I haven't tried ovulation tests. I'll definitely look into it though. I stopped taking birth control pills years ago because they increased my migraines so we've only been using condoms and my periods have just been all over the place. Thanks!

lmcvey84: Thanks! Did you take Clomid with your other pregnancies or another drug?

hello i have pcos, and irregular periods but ovulate on my own :) good luck xx

Hi I just want to let you know that yes it is possible to have Pcos and still ovulate. I to have Pcos and have ovulated on my own. I now have a 10 month son. I had irregular cycles before I had my son and I used opks to determine when I ovulated. I saw a Fs before I started using opks and they told me I had Pcos and because of the irregular cycles at the time I needed to be put on meds to help with my ovulation. Well with the first cycle I didn't get pregnant so I told my husband I wanted to just stop trying and forget about the meds and all and I am glad I did cause that next month we didn't try or use any meds and I got pregnant. I didn't think it would happen on my own because of the Pcos but after my son they still say I have Pcos and my cycles come every month and I also ovulate on my own. So it's possible and I pray that you get your bfp. I would recommend to get opks they are very helpful. I find that not thinking about it and stressing over it really helps. GL

Thanks everyone! I do actually think I ovulate on my own so we'll try to get pregnant on our own this month. I just ordered ovulation tests online so I'll try those out. Thanks!!

Yep, I have PCOS and fell pregnant with my daughter whilst on the pill! We're TTC now and as far as I can tell from temping and using OPKs I ovulate every cycle, just not at the same point (eg last cycle was day 24, this cycle was day 16!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->