Anyone with PCOS trying to lose weight?

Tilliepink

Mamma of 2
Reaction score
Do you do anything different? Do you avoid dairy? Do you have a hard time losing the weight? Are you on any medications for PCOS? TIA.

I only have mild pcos so I'm not sure if I'm much help, I haven't found weight loss any harder but I know that it can be and I take metformin, you can ask your gp for help, they can prescribe you weight loss pills to help you lose weight if you have pcos so it might be worth a try :flower:

I do & i take Metformin..I dont find weight loss any harder than it should be at the beginning..but now i have lost over 3 stone im finder it harder to loose the rest..which is still quite a little bit.
I got prescribed weight loss pills but was to scared to take them..as they said if you eat the wrong food you leak poo (tmi) :haha:

Oh also im doing Slimming World to help me loose weight

xx

Thank you both for the replies. I'm just very down about some of the symptoms I'm experiencing,in fact I have every single symptom.:nope:
Been doing some research and its so much to take it, what foods not to eat, what medications to take its all very overwhelming.

I know it can be very overwhelming :hugs: but, the general rule of thumb is to avoid many things that diabetics avoid because in a way our problem is similar - insulin resistance, so the main change you can do to your diet is to cut out sugar as much as you can and that will help dramatically. This is a link to a great site :hugs:

https://www.pcosnutrition.com/index.php?pID=27

It just feels like I will never eat again, no dairy, no carbs, no sugar. I'm trying to figure out a meal plan and its proving to be very hard.

nothing happens overnight, it's recommend that you leave a week or so between every change to your diet so that you can get used to it, small steps will make it less overwhelming and more likely to succeed.

I have PCOS. It is evil. I have tried many diets thinking I would lose weight like others do but no. Cutting out bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, corn, sugar, and flours is the only thing that I have found that works for me. Even on this diet it is still difficult for me to lose weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->