anyone with pets? how do you clean the carpet?

emme

Saffy's Mummy <3
Reaction score
evening :flower:
i'm moving soon to a house where the lady has a dog. i've nothing against pets just wondered how you clean your carpets to get them really clean. LO will most probably be crawling by the time we move so want the carpet to be really clean when we move in. thanks xxx:thumbup:

Hire a carpet cleaner. I know Morrisons have them :flower:

I have a dog and I keep my carpets clean by using my Dyson Animal (special one with a rotating bristle head to get the dog hairs out), I also have a Vax carpet cleaner with which I give the carpets a really good wash once every 2 months, I buy the special Vax carpet cleaner for homes with pets.
I deep clean my house once every 5 or 6 months, this is what I would advise you to do. Go to pets at home and buy some of the insecticide powder (a bit like shake and vac) and treat all of the carpets. Then use a flea spray in the corners and just give the carpets a general spray. This stuff is safe for babies about half an hour after spraying it. Then once the whole house is done I wash the carpets about a week later.
People have commented that my house never smells of dogs at all and that my carpets are always spotless!

I have a dog and I keep my carpets clean by using my Dyson Animal (special one with a rotating bristle head to get the dog hairs out), I also have a Vax carpet cleaner with which I give the carpets a really good wash once every 2 months, I buy the special Vax carpet cleaner for homes with pets.
I deep clean my house once every 5 or 6 months, this is what I would advise you to do. Go to pets at home and buy some of the insecticide powder (a bit like shake and vac) and treat all of the carpets. Then use a flea spray in the corners and just give the carpets a general spray. This stuff is safe for babies about half an hour after spraying it. Then once the whole house is done I wash the carpets about a week later.
People have commented that my house never smells of dogs at all and that my carpets are always spotless!

Thanks so much! So helpful xx

I gave up and pulled all of my entire downstairs up and replaced it with wood :haha:

but yeah i would say Dyson pet ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"