Anyone with post partum cardiomyopathy

Happy Hudson

Mummy to Paige Grace
Reaction score
Hello
I have written of this before but never really asked if there was anyone else on bnb with the same condition.

A couple of months after having Paige I was diagnosed with post partum dilated cardiomyopathy. It was found afrer having a routine scan due to a strong family history.
I was treated quite quickly due an excelerated heart rate and now Im doing really well on medication.

Im going for a checkup next week and Im haping Ill have more scans to see if things are any better or worse. I will also find out if I will be able to try for another baby, the consultant last time said he was not sure if having another baby would put too much strain on my heart again, but to wait and see what the medication did for me.

I was just wanting to see if anyone else has been through the same and if so what was your outcome?
Thanks girls xxx

I don't have it myself hun, but do keep us updated as to your progress. :thumbup:

I have a friend who has this condition from her twin pregnancy.. she's doing well hun so don't stress out about it :)
Do keep us informed and your in my thoughts x

Ive just had great news.

Ive had a letter from my cardiologist saying that the results from my latest heart scan show that my heart is improving.
It is now only mild to moderately impaired rather than serverly impaired like it was back in November.

I could not be happier, it now means there is more of a chance of me leading a fuller and healthier life.
Maybe possibly even a slim chance of me having another baby which is what me and my hubby really want :)

Eeeek Im so happy today :) :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->