Anyone work for B&Q?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
My DH is considering a job at B&Q , does anyone have any experience with them as a employer? :flower:

My BIL is a department manager there. I've never actually spoken to him about it much, he doesn't seem to hate it but mil says he gets called out in the night quite often because the alarm is going off and also they are a bit shit with changing the rota last minute. I get the impression he has had a nice pay rise from his last job though.

I'm pretty certain I've read a few things in the past about them being a good employer. Their equal opps stance is one of the best in the sector but I also think in general they are reasonable for an employer in retail.

I have heard positive things about them, there rate of pay is fairly good and so are the terms and conditions. I remember reading in one of my hr magazines that they have a really low labour turnover rate which means that people stay there, so there treatment of staff etc and benefits must be good.

My old manager at Tesco worked for B&Q, then moved to Tesco and then moved back to B&Q again on a really really good salary apparently. My OH worked for B&Q for about a month and really enjoyed it but unfortunately they couldn't offer him any more than 25 hours a week so he left - for Tesco too haha!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->