Anyone wtt for number 2?

LankyDoodle

Reaction score
I just had a baby a month ago yesterday, and haven't been able to stop thinking about when I will do it again. I want to asap but also want to try to enjoy Bella's first year or so just me and her with no pregnancy symptoms and tiredness and no other baby needing all of my attention. So I get her to a stage where she is walking, starting to talk lots, taking an interest in toys and books and showing independence, fully weaned or at least just having one or two breastfeeds a day. Realistically that means waiting until she is about 1. I was going to try waiting til she is also out of nappies, but then that means waiting til the back end of 2012 and I just don't really want to wait that long to start TTC again.

Is anyone else WTT for a subsequent baby rather than their first baby?

Hi LankyDoodle,

Congratulations on the birth of Bella, that's a lovely name!

You should definitely enjoy some time with her exclusively - It goes far too quickly!!!

I have a son who is 18 months old and although I never thought it could get better than cuddling him as a newborn, he is absolutely brilliant right now! We just can't get enough of him. He is talking lots, running around, can do so much for himself and he is just so much fun to be around and play with.

I have longed for number two since Christmas last year, when my son had just turned one. But my other half and I got married in Feb this year so we had a lot of other things on our mind and wanted to be in a better position financially.

We got a surprise BFP in March though but sadly I miscarried last week. We're slowly moving forward but even though I'm desperate to try again soon, by husband wants to wait a while. We have discussed starting to try again in Feb around our first anniversary.

Waiting til next year is the most sensible thing to do as our son will be 3 or older when a second arrives and will be potty trained, walking more places himself (we could avoid the costly purchase of a double pushchair) and we'll be better off with money, but my heart says I WANT ONE NOW!

Realistically I am prepared to wait a little while as I would like to lose a bit more weight before a second and get my body back to full health following a miscarriage but I would love to try again before Christmas. Hopefully he will come around to my way of thinking!!

Completely know your strong feelings about wanting another though. I always feel a bit guilty for wanting another besides Max but know that he will be a fantastic big brother!

Hi,

I'm wtt for number 2 as well. Evie is 15 months now and I have had several phases of strong broodiness since she was born. I'm so glad I've had this time alone with her though, I've really been able to focus on her and enjoy getting to know her.

I feel like the "having babies" part of my life will seem so brief in the long run that I'm fairly happy to spread it out a bit and make it last!

Hopefully we'll have the next baby when Evie is around 3 years old because she will be much more independent by then, out of nappies and able to feel involved as a big sister. We also plan for her to be in nursery 4 mornings a week by then so that she has plenty of social time and the new baby benefits from some one-on-one time too.

Try telling all of that to the hormones though!

Lx

Hi honey! Well firstly congratulations on the birth of your princess, i love the name Isabella!

Secondly, i know exactly how you feel, literally the month after poppy was born i wanted to be pregnant again! Even though she was poorly in hospital for a while after birth having ops and stuff i missed being pregnant so much. I felt exactly how you do now, i knew realistically it would be better to wait till Poppy was around 1 to ttc but it was all i could think of. I have to say that when Poppy was about 3 months that feeling wore off a little for around a month but now it is back with a vengance! I am more broody now than i was before i got pregnant with Poppy! We are ntnp and plan to ttc in september, mostly as i want to be pregnant in summer again but also i think 18 months to 2 years would be a great age gap for us. So we are in a very similar boat really xxxx

I am in the same boat as most of you ladies! Casey was born in September, after and long and difficult pregnancy and labour which ended in ceserean section. By December I was ready to give it a go again. I guess it's true what they say, you forget the pain and misery quickly when you have a beautiful baby girl to show for it! We are currently waiting to try until October. DD will be 13 months old. I am a teacher and want to get back to work for one full school year before the LO would be born. However, I am not currently on any form of birth control. We are using condoms most times but on some occasions we rely on the withdrawal method. If an accident we to happen it would be a happy accident though! I don't expect it to though, as we used the withdrawal method for 2 years before concieving Casey on our first month of TTC!! I hope it happens quickly next time or I'm likely to go nuts!!

I'm waiting to try for my second as well and felt exactly the same. I was hoping it was just hormones but the feelings arn't going away :nope:

I didn't even like pregnancy the first time round lol but now I know how special it is a bit more iykwim?

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage Jen x

I didn't even like pregnancy the first time round lol but now I know how special it is a bit more iykwim?

This made me laugh because i hated being pregnant! I loved feeling Poppy move etc but i had an awful pregnancy, morning sickness till 16 weeks, SPD so bad i was on crutches from 20 weeks, induced because of pre eclampsia and a 32 hour active labour (54 hours altogether) but when i think about it now i soooo want to be pregnant again! :dohh: I know exactly what you mean, i think to myself 'Well next time i will make myself enjoy it as i know how precious it is now' but would i really? I also want to be pregnant in summer again as i have some wonderful memories of last year......then on hot days like today i remember the awful feeling of being heavily pregnant, unable to walk or get comfy, being so hot i felt like i was going to pass out and actually crying at least once a day because i was so uncomfy!

Gotta love those rose tinted glasses! :coolio: :rofl:

It must be hormones right? Surely I haven't Forgotten all that on my own lol. My friend is pregnant at the moment and I'm sooo jealous but she talks about her heartburn etc and I'm like oooh yes forgot about that lol.

Oh God the heartburn! See i forgot that but i got through bottles of Gaviscon each week! Point proven i guess! Darn hormones!xx

Hi...I feel exactly the same about wanting another asap but OH isn't too keen. He wants to wait til December 2014 to try!!!! so baby will be 5 when we have another but I'm working on getting that date brought closer...much closer :winkwink:

My son turned 3 in March and due to the relationship breakdown with his father and only having been with my new partner a year it does not seem that I will have number 2 for a while yet. Although at first this upset me (as I am well broody) Jack is just so, so much fun at the moment! I enjoy his company so much and so it got me thinking that maybe not having another until he is in school isnt such a bad thing as I get to enjoy him fully until he spends most of his day times in school (sob sob) at which point I think I will need another just to keep me occupied lol

im the same! ive been broody for a few months now and we plan to ttc in october so imogen will be 18month or over when her brother/sister arrive. although i had a curry last night and had heart burn for the first time since been pregnant (had it really bad for the last 4 month lol) and thought do i want all that again so soon!! lol but i do ha ha.

Yes we are WTT. Our baby is almost 1 year old. I am not ready to have another... this year has been grate but also hard. I had him via C-section, then the breasfeeding was very very hard and I felt so bad about it the first 3-4 months, and he was also fuzzy child the firts months, drank alot over the night the first 6-7 months so I got so litle sleep. hehe sounds like just complaining complaining but It has been wonderful! :D hehe

But it makes me want to wait a bit. Also we are moving to ower own house after a month or so and that will take a chunk of our savings because there are some stuff needed to do in the house and i want to save a litle bit.

And im starting a new job in july and want to settled in before i get pg.

Im looking farward to it and realy want another baby :)

My OH would not mind starting right away haha.

i have exactly the same reasons as you. Going to TTTC #2 early next year :) x

We are also wtt #2. We always said we wanted our kids close together & right after Megan was born I was soooo broody. DH was eager as well - before xmas we said how about trying this summer? Well reality set in - sleep deprivation took hold and Megan got out of the newborn sleeping all the time stage & we realized how much of a highneeds baby she is. So we keep pushing it back a few months every time we talk about it! :rofl: Megan is getting easier - not so overstimulated & less meltdowns so then we question whether we really want to wait. :shrug: I love spending my days with her & can't wait til she's doing toddler things and we can bring her places & she will realize where she is... vs now she goes along but really doesnt understand (does that make sense?) Like the zoo, the library, the park, etc. I'd like a chance to do some of these things with her & enjoy them without being pregnant as I remember how I could barely roll over in bed let alone walk normally!

We also want to move house possibly in the fall. DH would like to take a vacation and I said no more vacations while pregnant as we took a vacation when I was pregnant last time and I was miserable! So the vacation needs to come before pregnancy #2 but we want to make sure Megan is ok to go with us which realistically means we need to wait til her 1st bday for the vacation I think.

Then again I would like to have baby #2 not in the dead of winter as winter here means feet of snow & cold cold cold and being stuck inside.

Its a big decision and I think harder because we know what we're getting into. We remember pregancy and now know what having babies really is like. We know the joy and happiness that babies bring as well which makes me broody all over again just thinking about it! :flower:

This made me laugh because i hated being pregnant! I loved feeling Poppy move etc but i had an awful pregnancy, morning sickness till 16 weeks, SPD so bad i was on crutches from 20 weeks, induced because of pre eclampsia and a 32 hour active labour (54 hours altogether) but when i think about it now i soooo want to be pregnant again! :dohh: I know exactly what you mean, i think to myself 'Well next time i will make myself enjoy it as i know how precious it is now' but would i really? I also want to be pregnant in summer again as i have some wonderful memories of last year......then on hot days like today i remember the awful feeling of being heavily pregnant, unable to walk or get comfy, being so hot i felt like i was going to pass out and actually crying at least once a day because i was so uncomfy!

Gotta love those rose tinted glasses! :coolio: :rofl:

your pregnancy sounded abit like mine- except i didnt get spd till later on. Also had a 30 hour labor and ended up with a few complications but am looking foward to doing it again! Am even going to deney my offered c-section :p

Haven't properly addmitted it yet, but I can't wait to be pregnant again! I loved every minute of it. I have so many dreams that I'm pregnant. But the time just isn't right. We need to move for a start, I live too rurally and need my Mum if I am going to try to have two children! But yeah, I want to be thinking about trying again before the year is out, ideally, see what the Mister thinks LOL :D

hi girls!!!
I haven't visited in ages but now I'm all broody again!!!had anthony in november 2009 but ended up having a c-section...i swore every color under the rainbow that id never be in the labor ward again but now i'm absolutely dying to have another one!!!I only have anthony and although im only 23 it cant be too much harder havin two around the place

We're WTT for #2 - Ethan just turned 1 and he is so funny at the moment we can't get enough of him, but I don't feel like I'm done having children yet. At the moment OH is studying his PGCE and trying to get a job as a teacher, so we have to wait until the summer of next year before he finishes his course, and then however long it takes after that to find a job. We have said to TTC #2 september 2011, so that;s what I'm counting down to! Can't wait! Dare I say it I had the easiest pregnancy ever (nightmare birth but I've been told I can have a section next time as a result, so I'm not worried!)

i have no idea how long i'm supposed to wait after having a section the consultant said when i was leavin hosp not to get pg for 6 mths...the doc said a year so i'm thinking if i go half way between them!!???9mths???any1 have any idea??i'd rather have a normal delivery next time!!!:) recovery is ment 2 be easier!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->