Anyone WTT who spent a long time TTC no 1?

geordiemoo

Reaction score
Hi girls, we ttc dd for about 3 and a half years and eventually conceived the month I had that test where they put the dye into you and scan you for blockages (can't remember the name for it). We are currently WTT no 2 and plan ttc from January next year but am concerned that it may take a while to get a bfp again. Anyone else been in or currently in this position? I would love to try sooner but am desperately trying to pay off some debts so that when number 2 comes along I can reduce my working hours for childcare but am worried the longer I wait that I may never have a second child. I'm 33 this september and was 30 when I had DD.

Hi, we were ltttc for nearly 3 years before we were diagnosed unexplained infertility and got referred for IVF. We were so lucky to conceive first time and I had a text book pregnancy. I always knee I wanted to TTC number 2 straight away but my oh felt the opposite due to the emotional roller coaster we we went through to to conceive our ds, plus I had a traumatic after birth experience. It's only been since Sep last year my oh opened up he wanted another so we are WTT July due to moving house and holidays. It's bitter sweet because I do want TTC now just incase it doesn't happen quickly. If we are lucky my ds will be just over 3 when I give birth which I think personally is an ideal age gap (we are potty training at the minute) but I suppose there are pros and cons to having a close or spaced out gap. If my oh had agreed earlier we would have TTC straight away.

Good luck

Thank you. Financially we really are going to have to wait until we know that DD will at least be in nursery but I can't help thinking that the longer we wait to ttc again, if it takes another 3+ years she's going to be 6/7. Although at the same time I think how lucky I am to even have DD and if another baby takes that long or never comes then that's what is meant to be. Ooooh, baby making is such a rollercoaster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->