Anyone...

natasja32

Mum to 4 boys
Reaction score
Hi girls...Hope you are all well and have had a good weekend. Im not sure really where to post this,so feel free to move it if its in the wrong section. I was wondering if anyone would know how long after a loss/birth the pregnancy hormone stays in your body?? My loss was on the 13th March,so surely it would be out of my systom by now?? Im so confused.:dohh: Any answer would be greatly appreciated girls. Thanks so much! Your all so lovely and have me so much already.:hug::hug:

hi

firstly sorry for your loss I had a m/c back in feb so I know it can be hard - it depends on how far along you were but 2 weeks after my m/c - which was at 9 weeks - i did a test and it was negative so I would assume (unless you were quite alot further on than that) that it would be out of your system. why are you asking confused hun? have you had a positive test or something?

I honestly don't know the answer to your question but I felt I had to post because you didn't have any replies yet! and so sorry to hear about your loss. :hug:

hi

firstly sorry for your loss I had a m/c back in feb so I know it can be hard - it depends on how far along you were but 2 weeks after my m/c - which was at 9 weeks - i did a test and it was negative so I would assume (unless you were quite alot further on than that) that it would be out of your system. why are you asking confused hun? have you had a positive test or something?

Hi flumpy....I did have a loss at 36 weeks.My little boy was born sleeping. I have had a few faint lines,so im not sure if it might be because i might be pregnant or if its still "left over hormones". Sorry that sounds so stupid when i read it back to myself.:dohh: Not sure how else to put it.:hugs:

Hi Natasja32,

i am so terribly sorry, that must have been very hard for you.

I beleive that it can take up to 2 or even 3 months for your hormones to completely return to normal in that situation. maybe take another test in a week and see of the lines are getting darker?

Hi Natasja32,

i am so terribly sorry, that must have been very hard for you.

I beleive that it can take up to 2 or even 3 months for your hormones to completely return to normal in that situation. maybe take another test in a week and see of the lines are getting darker?

Thanks flumpy..Im sorry for your loss.:hugs::hugs: Im just all confused at the moment. I did the test as my boobs have started feeling heavy and tingly. Been itchy too. Me and hubby only had a little accident once with the contraception since we had our little boy. Didnt think too much of it untill last week or so.I know people prob think its way to early for another baby,but if i was to be we would be happy,but obviously scared too. I know they say it isnt healthy but went for scan and the rest and all seemed well with me. Mw also said its up to us emotionally when we want to start trying again,as long as im not bleeding anymore.Thanks for the advice hun.:hug::hug:

Hi
i'm sorry you're going through this horrible time. When i lost Emily the hospital Dr's said you must wait 3-6 months before trying again, when i asked why no-one could tell me. I knew i would know best about when i was ready emotionally but i wanted advice for being physically ready. at the time i had a great GP and we both did literature searches to try and find evidence of how long to wait (i'm a nurse and i wanted hard facts). There wasn't any evidence re the 3-6 months so me + GP + (partner!) decided I'd wait to have a proper period (after all the bleeding stopped) and then try. So, Emily was born sleeping 20/3/99 and I was pregnant by June 99, i had a period and then got pregnant the first month. My GP phoned me just after I'd POAS and got a :bfp:and said a study had just been published saying women who had a stillborn baby had a higher risk of post natal depression if they had their next baby within a year-I said too late!! Millie was born 5 weeks early on 9/2/00 (she was due 12/3/00).
When I went to SANDS they said it was very common for women to have already had another baby by the time they got to the first anniversary. So, if you can I'd have a period and go for it, the only thing that helped me persoinally was having another baby to hold and love. The grieving for Emily did become very intense in the early weeks with Millie but I think that was because we were coming up the first anniversary.
Good luck with it all, if there's anything I can do......
xxxxxx

Hi
i'm sorry you're going through this horrible time. When i lost Emily the hospital Dr's said you must wait 3-6 months before trying again, when i asked why no-one could tell me. I knew i would know best about when i was ready emotionally but i wanted advice for being physically ready. at the time i had a great GP and we both did literature searches to try and find evidence of how long to wait (i'm a nurse and i wanted hard facts). There wasn't any evidence re the 3-6 months so me + GP + (partner!) decided I'd wait to have a proper period (after all the bleeding stopped) and then try. So, Emily was born sleeping 20/3/99 and I was pregnant by June 99, i had a period and then got pregnant the first month. My GP phoned me just after I'd POAS and got a :bfp:and said a study had just been published saying women who had a stillborn baby had a higher risk of post natal depression if they had their next baby within a year-I said too late!! Millie was born 5 weeks early on 9/2/00 (she was due 12/3/00).
When I went to SANDS they said it was very common for women to have already had another baby by the time they got to the first anniversary. So, if you can I'd have a period and go for it, the only thing that helped me persoinally was having another baby to hold and love. The grieving for Emily did become very intense in the early weeks with Millie but I think that was because we were coming up the first anniversary.
Good luck with it all, if there's anything I can do......
xxxxxx

Thanks for your advice hun. And im so sorry for your loss:hug: Its the most difficult thing ive had to go through,and my family doesnt feel complete. Saying that hubby and i were planning another baby,but only after we had our holiday in August. But i might not work out that way.:blush: If i am pregnant,which i doubt now,as my period is usually due 27/28th and im spotting light pink this morning,i would have to take it each day as it comes.Im just afraid of what people would think if i was to be pregnant. I just have this need to bring a healthy baby home. I feel a failure as a mommy because i couldnt help my little baby boy,and he died.:hugs:

I completely understand your need to have a healthy, live baby in your arms you have to do what's right for you + your family. You are a great Mummy, I can feel your love for your gorgeous boy. Other people will not understand so don't worry about what anyone thinks. I know if you have another baby you don't love your boy any less.
YOU DID NOT LET HIM DOWN + YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE.
I felt the same in the early days but now I know I did my job and loved her as much as I could + i believe they know they are loved + wanted.
Sending you lots of :hug:
The pain you feel is a reminder how much you loved + cherished him and how much love you have to give.
Be kind to yourself :sex:when you can + you will have your next baby when your ready
Thinking of you, it will get better
xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"