anyone??

L

LOZANDEVIE

I'm sorry to write this on here but i feel i have no where else to write this, I am just looking for abit of advice... Has anyone had a preemie at around 32/33 weeks gestation? My cousin were born at 34weeks gestation and she is a gorgeous 18month old now and ever-growing! I know babys have different outcomes depending on how their lungs are developed and other stuff... And i know some preemies go on to have amazing lives and grow up thriving... and i also know some sadly pass away... I am just looking for a positive story on someone who is around the same weeks as me? I would explain why but it would take me forever..Any closure on 32/33weeks preemies will be greatly appreciated and i will be forever thankful for your replies. :hugs:

My Nephew was born at 32 weeks. He is a healthy 2 year old now. :)

hey hun, my Matthew was born at 33+4 and has just turned one, although a touch below where his weight 'should' be he is doing great and a real livewire. Anything you want to ask feel free. I can think of at least 3 other regulars who's lo's born around same gestations who all have different experiences all with positive experiences who should be along soon (including one who's due baby no2 at term any day now) xx

I don't have direct experience of a 32weeker hun, but my 24weeker is now a healthy, happy 5yr old. When I was trying to stay pregnant with her, my consultant said we'd be "home and dry" if we got her to 30wks. This isn't to say she wouldn't have needed any intervention, but that is a reasonable gestation, where complications are much less likely.

I do know that from 32wks onwards the incidence of all the major complications of prematurity are greatly diminished. x

My girls were born at 29 weeks and are 15 month old now! Nearly walking and chattering away like no ones business lol xx

My twins were born at 31+3. Needed help breathing when they were born & spent 8 weeks in SCBU but are now happy healthy 7 month olds who are sitting up & doing everything else that other 7 month old babies are doing :happydance:

I think I was extremely lucky because Chloe and Jaycee were only in hospital for 4 weeks! I didnt really know what to expect so i just took each day as it came! and before I knew it they were discharged x

I was a 29 week preemie (yup meeeee!) and I think my mum said i was in for about 4 weeks too ;) She doesnt speak much of her experience either, it seemed very norm to her somehow!

And I'm fine. Well, Iwould say....:blush:

Abby was a 29 weeker. She needed minimal care and was home in 6 weeks. She's about to turn one and seems to have had no ill effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->