anyones baby had ROP

dippy

Reaction score
i need advice on rop. my little girl has developed ROP apparently stage 3 on one side and stage 2 on the other. im soooo confused she hasnt even had that much oxygen and everything seemed fine until 2day.
its neverending and its really gettin to me.

for anyone with advice i would like to know what happens from here whether she'll need surgery? and what this means for her future. will her eyesight be bad? will she need glasses?

can a stage 3 rop resolve on its own or do they all progress?

Stage 3 ROP most of the time, needs surgery. Its unlikely to resolve by this point.

The good news is though - that it really isnt as scary as it sounds. My daughter had Stage 3 ROP. When she was well enough,(she was 5 weeks corrected) she had laser eye surgery, and was put back on a vent again for only a few hours.

We got home the next day - and there was no signs she had even had it done.
I had expected her to look a sight after the surgery, but it was like it never happened.

Recently, she got her eyes tested following the ROP. For now, her eyesight is fine :happydance: this was almost a year on from the surgery.

It really isn't as scary as it sounds chick :hugs:

Thnx Hun but the thought of a lil toddler wearing glasses bugs me. I mean it looks cute but u don't really want your baby in glasses. I mean is there a possibility it could resolve? And do all children need glasses.iv checked google and most of that stuff says u do?
Thanks anyway I'll jus have to wait for now till wednesday. Thx xxx

No, not all children need glasses, I know some babies have glasses, but Alex doesn't need them!

Dont google - honestly - your posts remind me of me when i discovered alex had ROP! I promise you dont worry!

Hello

Like Sb22's lovely Alex my little Alfie had the same, i was in bits at the time because it seems so intrusive and frightening, but alfie is fine and susequent eye tests have been ok too, he will need to be reviewed again but me personally i think his eyes are just fine! he certainly has no problem setting his sights on something then going for it!

Also he had to be ventilated and that scared me loads but he was actually better after it as it had helped his lungs.

Fingers crossed for you, you'll be fine and we are here if you need us!

xx

thankyou sweety i appreciate the positive comments ur lil boy is sooooooooo cute!!!

im preparing myself for wednesday. the opthalmagist (spelling:wacko:) is coming wednesday we'll know for sure then. its soooo stressful im surprised i still have hair on my head!

will let u know then xxxx

thankyou sweety i appreciate the positive comments ur lil boy is sooooooooo cute!!!

im preparing myself for wednesday. the opthalmagist (spelling:wacko:) is coming wednesday we'll know for sure then. its soooo stressful im surprised i still have hair on my head!

will let u know then xxxx

:rofl: hair on your head, thats to funny let us know how it goes, wiching you all the best

Update on rop: hi all. After much praying my lil sweethearts eyes self regressed from stage3 to stage 2 and seems lik it is self resolving. It can happen. Happy days.:) until summit else Comes up. Xxx

Thats great news hun, keep it up LO!

Hi, I'm not actually going through this with my son but he is having his eye tests every week, he has has 3 now the first 2 were really hazy but the last one was less hazy I don't know actually what this means but I was told he is Stage 0 Zone 2. I'm also worried about him as he was so early 26wk +2days that he will need laser surgery in the future. I've also been told by the nurse doing the eye tests that laser eye surgery has many side effects one being that you don't have peripheral vision. Btw my son is still ventilated he is now on low o2 (20's and 30's max) but before he was up to 50% o2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->