Anyone's children go to a private school?

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
We are considering a Catholic school. Small classes, lots of opportunities (more extra curricular), and they have aids for my daughter! Its $$$, and in another city! Thise are some big drawbacks. Anyone have experience with private?

I know its not the same, but we did a year of private preschool for Claire before her going to public school. It wasn't catholic, but was geared towards inclusion and special needs kiddos.

I don't regret it at all! It was expensive but we got a percentage of the money back on our taxes.

See, the only thing worrying me is the drive. There is a bus, but I still have to drive to the bus, which is quite far. Ugh. We are putting her application in and then making a decision if accepted.

IRL, the people I have spoken to, in similar situations (child has asd, and went private)...none of them have regretted it.

We send our son to a private school which is inclusive and has learning support. He's only been there 2 weeks tho - so I can't fully tell you how it's going... We have a meeting with SEN department on Wednesday to discuss what kind of support Theo can/ should receive at school :thumbup:

See, the only thing worrying me is the drive. There is a bus, but I still have to drive to the bus, which is quite far. Ugh. We are putting her application in and then making a decision if accepted.

IRL, the people I have spoken to, in similar situations (child has asd, and went private)...none of them have regretted it.

That was the same as us. There was actually no bus that would come to get her, we were responsible for bringing her there and picking her up. I don't drive so we had to go across the city on public transit. Our city's bus system is ridiculous so ended up being nearly a 2 hour commute for me to get her there then get home again.

Granted, I only had Claire and not other kiddos to think about so that's kind of different too. Good luck with her application! <3

Thanks. Still havent handed it in! Argh. I need to get with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->