Anyones kids bored yet?

Jessica60

Reaction score
Anyone kids bored yet. Moaning already. Asking for food all the time or for me to play imaginary games. School not open until 8th.
I have no one to look after her and she has no friends to visit

Mine is getting bored now. She's back at school on Wednesday though as her school finished earlier than others.
I'm trying to get them out of the house as much as possible, weather permitting. I find they are much less stressful outdoors!

Do you find it hard having to constantly play games, especially imaginary games . I can manage board games but I must have played guess who 100 plus times.
Should I be playing so much?
I feel guilty as she has no one to play with.

I hate imaginary games! Even when I try to play them she just tells me I'm doing everything wrong :haha:
I do a lot of reading with her which I find easier. We also do drawing and board games. It is just the imagination play I struggle with!

ThAnks for reply. Same here with imagination games. I wish she would sit so I could read, I wouldn't mind that , I've suggested it but i she said it's boring. I just wish I had friends and family that could help. I keep blaming myself, thinking I gave her too much attention and over stimulation when she was a baby.

It's not your fault at all. Don't blame yourself. Babies do need a lot of attention. Everyone told me I gave my babies too much attention and picked them up too much and I was warned about how I was making them spoilt and clingy, making a rod for my own back etc, but I don't regret it one bit. You're just responding to their needs as a baby.
Some kids are more demanding than others. My DD used to be completely unable to play alone, but she's much better at it now :)

Yes mine are bored! I am fed up of them constantly wanting sweets and rubbish where they aren't eating their meals!
Mine are back Thursday and I will end up missing them. Been out a couple of times but it's just too busy and sets my anxiety off! We have a soft play party Weds and a friend coming over tomorrow.
DD1 is quite good at occupying herself, DD2 would watch TV all day if I let her. She doesn't play with half her toys and only wants to play babies (where she is the baby and I am the Mummy) it's so boring as she will only play it her way, tells me what to say and do.

They're definitely driving me crazy. We're just getting out of the house everyday as much as we can. We go to the coffee shop almost everyday as they have a little play area for the kids and they love it. Or we just go to the park, the mall... anything to get them out!!

Mine are driving me insane. Keep argueing. Spent 1whole day sorting their new roon out, they keep playing up there but argueing. Think we will pop to the trampoline place tomorrow. Let them burn off some extra energy. They keep asking me to play imagination games and i hate them, games not the kids, i would much rather colour or craft or play a real game with rules. Both have been asking to do maths today so have just been giving them 7sums for the last few hours, seems to have kept them entertained.

I can tell they are bored because their behaviour is really crappy. Dd has started asking for a candy cane at 7am. And then snacking on junk all day and not eating propermeals. So i got OH to hide all the snacky food hamper bits we got.

Mine are driving me crazy too !! DD1 doesn’t go back to school until Monday and DH doesn’t go back until Tuesday !!

They are just arguing and fighting . Food drinks all the time this one I don’t mind so much as the mummy we’re are you . Mummy what are you doing ?!!

I want to get back into a routine now . Think that’s half the problem there’s just no flow to the day and DD1 is missing her school friends !

Day out tomorrow I think !

I am so glad I'm not the only one who dreads playing with my kids! I have so much guilt because they are constantly asking me to play with them but it's so hard! I have so many other things to do and I really suck at pretending. But if I don't sit and play with them then they don't play. Today I spent all day cleaning so the kids watched videos most of the day. I felt awful.

DS has surprisingly been really good, but I get what you mean about the pretend play! He asks me 1000 times a day lol. I do try to play with him but it's not much fun as he tells me what to do and say!
Yesterday I cleaned alllll day sorting out the Xmas stuff and then I had work at 5pm so I felt guilty but it needed to be done and he was so good playing on his own most of the day.
Back to school tomorrow for us.

Holly was back to school today. She said she didn't want to go back but she went in with a smile on her face and was happy to see her best friend again. I'm glad to be back to some sort of routine again now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->