Anyone's lo have a dummy/pacifier? I want to try one with ds!

Cheska

Reaction score
Does your lo have a dummy? If so what brand?

I feel ds needs comforting to sleep so is sucking on me to do so but is getting frustrated that he is getting food at the same time as he is already full.

Have tried tommy tippee ones (the ones that are a bit flat) he was not impressed, was like I was putting something horrid in his mouth and he just spits it out.

My little boy has had a dummy since he was about 6 weeks old and it really is a life saver, especially to help him get to sleep as he fights his naps like mad! Since having it he rarely comfort sucks, he has his feed and then shouts for his dummy to go to sleep.

We use the tommee tippee ones but not the ones with the flat teats, they just have the traditional cherry shaped tip but they're the smallest ones you can get. He gags if I give him one that's too big.

I'd recommend trying a few different ones until you find one he likes :)

Every baby is different unfortunately. We have used the nuk orthodontic paci since birth basically, but it sounds like your LO wouldn't go for that one. Try the soothie or the ones that look kind of like them but have the traditional pacifier shape. But, you may have try several...

Yes we use one, DD1 had one for the same reason as you and for DD2 as it seems to help reflux.

DD1 would only take the cherry shaped ones, DD2 has the slightly flattened ones.

Thanks ladies, going to go on a dummy hunt to boots tomorrow.

Think he's getting too tired and needs some sort of comforter.

DS1 had the tommy tippee ones, still does. He took it from the day he was offered it. But he was a mixture of bottle and breast as he was prem and in hospital for the first couple of weeks of his life.

DS2 has been ebf and looks at me like what is this big plastic thing your putting in my mouth mummy :(

My ds has used a mam one since he was 4 days old. We combi feed and he has no problem transitioning between breast, bottle and paci.

My ds has had one from about 3 months old and has a mam one with a silk teat xxx lifesaver lol xxx

Mine will only take the cherry-shaped ones at well. We use these:

https://www.amazon.de/Kirschform-Schnuller-Cherry-LATEX-Monate/dp/B0046G2OZI/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406843445&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=nip+cherry+shape

(Size 0-6 months; although I buy them at the local drugstore for 3 euros per pack!)

She almost always falls asleep with one and naps with it, but spits it out almost right away during the longer night stretches.

We also use the mam ones with the silk teat. We tried avent ones but they are very plasticky and he didn't like that

Bought the mam silk teets so far so good! I think its going to revolutionise our lives ha ha. Thanks ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->