anyones OH not want to be at birth?

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
Okay so, my OH doesn't want to be in the delivery room when i give birth to our first baby!
TBH im okay with it, yeah id love him to be there, but the way i see it is; if he chooses not to be there, that's his choice, im not going to try and force him to be there and him then 'hate' me for it, but he needn't bother even give out a sigh after if he regrets it, its his problem if he does..

Everyone moans at him (his family) that he WILL be there, he helped put me in this position, he needs to be there.. its not like i wont have anyone, if in that given time she still decides he doesn't want to be in the room i will have my mum and sister there.. i think the more people, including me, moan at him, he will choose not to be in the room.
He has gone from saying he wont be at the hospital, let alone the delivery room, u see, things have happened in his past, he took a OD and ended up in hospital told he might not make it, at a young age, that can be pretty traumatic, he now hates hospitals, he hated been at the scan (besides seeing our baby).
I think in that moment, he will be there, i don't think (or maybe just that i hope) when im screaming/crying whatever he wont want to leave me, although another reason he doesn't want to be there is that he doesn't want to see me in pain with nothing no one can do.. oh and he doesn't like excessive blood and all the other stuff.

Any way i guess what im getting at is was anyone elses partners not in the delivery room? or say they wont be but in the end, was?

My husband refused to be in the room with me when I gave birth to my first.
I would have liked him to, but he had 2 older kids before he got to be with me and he wasn't there for them and also I think he thinks that he would be more of a nuisance to the midwifes... than anything else!
He came right after the baby was born though and had the great pleasure of being there while I was getting stitched up:dohh:
He had the cheek of telling me it wasn't very musical!!!:growlmad:
Anyway, with my second, he had to be with my son so then again, he waited outside.
It will be the same or similar with this one, but I'm used to it and my deliveries are fairly quick anyway, so I don't miss him too much.
It would be good for him if he would at least come in as soon as his baby is born, maybe that won't scare him as much, as by then he'll know all went well.

I forgot to add that he has come round to the fact he will be at the hospital, waiting for the 'horrific ordeal' to be over and he can then see our baby..
as my mum and sister will be in the delivery room with me (given hes not) he will be waiting wherever with my dad more than likely.
yes id like for him to be there, but i always say in that moment i wont give a flip whos there, i will just want my baby out and to be okay..

It's the opposite here... I'm not sure if I want him there! I'm not sure if I want anyone there! I detest the thought of anyone close to me seeing me in a position of such pain and discomfort. This might change though, I know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->