Anyone's thought's on possible Evap on OLD STYLE FRER's?

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
So I did a old FRER yesterday. As I was watching I thought I could see something but it was so faint, I just chalked it up to my eye's playing tricks on me. Then a couple hrs later I dug it out of the trash. Now there is definitely a line on it. But is it just an evap or is it really a line? I never opened it, so it was never exposed to air. I know the new ones are notorious for evaps and indents, but I wasn't sure about the old style one's. I've been getting squinter's on others and lines on serum tests so I'm not really sure what to think..... Here are some pics. Let me know what you think. Thanks for your help ladies :wacko::flower::wacko:

Attachments

• FRER possible line 002 (640x480).jpg
    FRER possible line 002 (640x480).jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 43
  • FRER possible line 062 (640x480).jpg
    FRER possible line 062 (640x480).jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 47
  • FRER possible line 056 (640x480).jpg
    FRER possible line 056 (640x480).jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 52
Have you got an original picture. I definitely see the line xx

No, I was thinking about washing it to see if it stayed or not....

I definitely see a line. I'm inclined to say it's to dark to be an evap. I'd take another one and check it within the time limit.

I'm kinda curious about this too... I wasn't going to test until tomorrow but apparently I was bored yesterday..! I'm in the UK and we are still on the old style FRER's and my one from yesterday has dried completely pink.. absolutely not a colourless evap, its noticeably pink and clearly a second line. But I'm not sure I could see anything within the time limit... so I'm not holding out much hope on it. That said, I've never had a FRER dry pink before :-/ I was due to test tomorrow anyway, so I will do! I have taken it outta the case now as I wanted to have a closer look, but I can post a pic?

I do see the lines. Mine was 10 times fainter than yours When my hcg was 5(had beta done a few hours before testing) on both of my frer flat and my frer curved handles. They showed nothing at all, not even indents, in time limit but after an hour or few they showed the worlds faintest gray shadows, waaaay fainter than yours. Couldnt get it on camera and could barely see it with my eyes. Yet I had extremely clear pink positives on the first response rapid result as well as surepredict, wondfo, and a few other cheapies in time limit though. So its possible to have a low hcg and it only show up after time limit on the frers but as i said all my other brands had clear bright pink lines! So try another brand? My other brands were from 10miu to 30miu and i used them all with same no hold urine sample. Good luck. ;3

I'm kinda curious about this too... I wasn't going to test until tomorrow but apparently I was bored yesterday..! I'm in the UK and we are still on the old style FRER's and my one from yesterday has dried completely pink.. absolutely not a colourless evap, its noticeably pink and clearly a second line. But I'm not sure I could see anything within the time limit... so I'm not holding out much hope on it. That said, I've never had a FRER dry pink before :-/ I was due to test tomorrow anyway, so I will do! I have taken it outta the case now as I wanted to have a closer look, but I can post a pic?

yes, please

Anytime the line shows up after the time limit i think it's a better idea to disregard that test and try a different one. I think we drive ourselves crazy with this sort of thing, it can be heart breaking

As I said, I'm sure the test is totally invalid, line is a funny thickness and obviously outside the timescale. But here it is dried. For comparison, the test underneath is from 8DPO dried and taken outta the case. You can't see on the photo but you can clearly see the grey indent line on the earlier test. Almost looks like a line but it's grey.

I'll be 13/14DPO tomorrow, so I'm sure that'll give me my answer. :) Your chart is looking good though ambertwogood! :flower:

Edit: weirdly the line looks pink in the photo on my iPhone but when I post it, it looks totally grey... which is odd! Lemme try get a better photo...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 34
This might be better..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 18
Aye, it's a shame it didn't look like that within 10 mins lol

Still, would be helpful if they didn't turn pink a few hours later :) what is it that turns them pink after the 10 minute deadline? Just the air? How come with OPK's you can read them when they are dry but not pregnancy tests? Probs an obvious reason but i have no idea!

Aye, it's a shame it didn't look like that within 10 mins lol

Still, would be helpful if they didn't turn pink a few hours later :) what is it that turns them pink after the 10 minute deadline? Just the air? How come with OPK's you can read them when they are dry but not pregnancy tests? Probs an obvious reason but i have no idea!

Well, FRER say's that the test will read any amt of hcg in the system if it is there, that is why they will not officially give a sensitivity. So in theory, bc it IS like this for CLIA waived test's. A line is a line if it has color, it just takes more time for lower amts of hcg to stick and become visable. That is absolutely true for CLIA waived tests and they rec if it happens to test again, in 48 hrs but you are most likely pregnant (determined through their thorough research and data while testing out there product) and the line will continue to get darker and come up quicker eventually within the time frame once it reaches the test's threshold amt. Now, as for FRER I have no clue, but I do it is possible for it absolutely to still be a positive even if it comes up out of the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->