Anything I can have for a cold?

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
I have a horrible head cold and really bad sore throat, I can barely breathe. Is there anything I can have apart from paracetamol? Lemsips in a no so I've read? Cold and flu tablets is a no? Even strepsils?? There must be something?

There are lots of natural things that work wonders for colds, especially sore throats. My favourite is chicken broth. Works both by warming your throat and by being antibacterial. Even a stock cube in a mug of hot water will work. Camomile tea with lemon juice and lots of honey is a good one, too. Or just a spoonful of honey by itself every now and again if the pain is bad. A heat pack on your throat will also help it. For being stuffy, nothing beats running a hot shower and sitting in the bathroom for a while (also great for blocked noses in newborns). And I think you're allowed baby-vapour rub, which will soothe a cough if necessary.

I've been swearing by honey and lemon.
Just of half a lemon
2 tspns honey (good quality ie local produce if possible) then top up with hot water.
It's been my savour.

Thank you. Shame I'm not a tea drinker. I best send the other half out for some honey and lemon while I curl up on the sofa feeling sorry for myself lol. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->