Anything to pull away the wetness?

N

nicholatmn

LO is 7 weeks old and has been in cloth since birth. No matter what type she uses, whenever she wets her diaper, she immediately needs to be changed. So she is changed every 30 minutes - 2 hours. Last night, we tried her in a disposable and she slept all night.
My question is... is there anything I can do to pull the urine away from her like the disposable do?

Fleece liners hun x Buuuuuut if its an issue, cloth may not be for her because in cloth babies feel the wetness more than sposies but thats because the chemicals drink the wee up :/

Fleece liners hun x Buuuuuut if its an issue, cloth may not be for her because in cloth babies feel the wetness more than sposies but thats because the chemicals drink the wee up :/

Oh! We have fleece ones and also ones that are cotton. The fleece seems to work a little longer but not as much.
We have tried putting a whole bunch of baby powder on her as well and it sort of helps.

They need a chemical-free thing to put in the diapers so she'll like them! :thumbup:

Hmm. What style are they? Because we have pocket diapers and I actually struggle sometimes to tell if they are wet without taking them off and feeling the insert--like pulling it out of the pocket feeling it. Mine are fleece on the inside with a microfiber insert. I usually change mine every 2/3 hours if not more often as indicated by otherwise unexplained fussiness or I'm-making-a-poo-face.
At night times I put in a thicker insert (I have 200 and 300ml) and that will do for 4+ hours often. I had bought some hemp/cotton ones, but found my larger (300ml capacity) microfiber ones do a better job at the moment. I think because they absorb faster. I may combine the hemp ones with a small microfiber in the future.

We use AI2s and prefolds...
She wee's very heavily and normally soaks through everything but these... but she hates being wet and these don't exactly pull away the wetness from her.

Have you tried laying a fleece liner inside your PFs and AI2s? Might help keep the wetness off her skin :flower:

eta- :dohh: just reread and realized it was already suggested :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->