Aoibheann's eventfull arrival (long)

blackrose

Reaction score
ok so while I have a quiet minute or too I thought I'd get this down. It was pretty difficult but I'd do it again in the morning !

Saturday 27th
I woke up to my show , but no pains or sign or baby so decided to stay home. By three that afternoon I was having some contractions but I could walk through them , so spent the evening on the birthing ball. By 2 in the morning my contractions we're ten mins apart and lasting two mins . I decided to pop into the hospital for a check up as during the contractions I couldn't speak I also had a massive clear out with vomiting and diarrhoea . In the hospital I was told I was in early labour that hadn't established . I was admitted to an ante-natal ward , OH was sent home and I was told to sleep I cried my heart out when they sent home and spent the night walking and pee-ing .

Sunday 28th
I was 2cm dilated and contracting every 5 mins but my contractions weren't strong enough and I was told to keep walking and given paracetemol but not allowed home. By that evening I couldn't sleep , sit , or lie down as every contraction was forcing me off the bed I later discovered this was because I was having back labour . I was being offered pethidine but felt it was too early so asked for a birthing ball instead .

Monday 1st
Spent the whole day having my contractions and dilation monitored I wasn't allowed to go home and couldn't keep food or any fluids down. Breaking my waters was discussed but because I was still mobile (pacing up and down the stairs sweating with pain ) it was decided to give me fluids and let me continue to labour slowly , I was back at one cm dilated , and still refusing pethidine although I felt I needed it but I heard it would slow labour .

Tuesday 2nd
Was told I could go home for a few hours , at this stage I had had no sleep and a doctor saw me actually fall off a birthing ball with tiredness. I could no longer sit on my bed at all or walk I spent each contraction on my knees over the ball . went home had four baths , tries to eat , vomited . I tried to sleep but I couldn't lie down so slept standing up over the sofa for a while. At this point I was sobbing I just want sleep or pain relief .Timed contractions again , they were now five mins apart and lasting 1 min . I decided it had to be time.

Wednesday 3rd
I was 3 cm dilated and considered in established labour , water hadn't gone yet and they wanted to wait a bit . I finally accepted pethidine and had some sleep by this time midwife was concerned I was going to be to tired to labour as I had been talking to her , I started to think I was making phone calls and tell her I had to study I was slurring my words with exhaustion.
Was finally moved to a birthing suite. My waters were broken and I was offered gas and air , I gladly accepted it . An hour later I was 6 cm dilated and was pretty groggy. I couldn't take gas ans air properly and started to vomit . MW advised an epidural as I needed to rest , had one and fell asleep straight after. I woke up screaming about needing to push was examined and was 9 cm , baby was still turned back to back with me and wasn't fully engaged. I was told not to push but couldn't stop , Was given another epidural top up but a could still feel everything so another doctor was called who decided to give me a spinal block in preparation for a c-section. I was pointlessly pushing and screaming at this point. was examined again and they put a monitor on baby and tried to turn her.they discovered I had a temperature spike and put me on an antibiotic , penicillin and more fluids I don't remember much but the room started to spin and suddenly there was extra doctors in the room , I remember someone wiping my face down and telling me I was going to be ok and just to stay calm. they eventually turned her and straight away put me in stirrups and told me it was time ! at this stage I was totally numb . I don't really know what was happening OH says they held her head in place and opened me with a forceps and talked me through pushing . Its only took four pushes before her head was out and they were telling me they could see her cheeks and ears. I could literally feel her being dragged out . When she was born she was quiet . they cleaned her airway and she cried , a little whimper but I got to hold her for two minutes before she was put into and incubator and seen to . they said she was fine just exhausted and stressed , I had her back in my arms in seconds . I had three stitches and needed blood but all of that is a blur . My poor baby is very bruised after the birth and her face was shocking for a day or two but she's healed so much now and is amazing . She struggles to feed as her face is still a bit sore and has a touch of jaundice but is doing so well , im insanely in love and would do it all again tomorrow .

Attachments

• DSCF0034.jpg
    DSCF0034.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF0040.jpg
    DSCF0040.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF0050.jpg
    DSCF0050.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 54
Congratulations! It sounds like you have had such a hard time, but you must be so proud of yourself! Brilliant that they managed to turn her and that you were still able to have a v-birth!

Enjoy being a mummy,

:)

Huge congrats, she's gorgeous. Sorry you had such an awful time though :hugs: xx

Congrats on your baby girl. Sounds like you had a really hard time of it,well done to you

xx

Aww hun congrats :flower: well done you :thumbup:

Congratulations hun, sounds like you had a rough few days :hugs:. Well done xx

oh god hunni, you and little Aiobheen went trough the mills :(:(:(:( So glad you are bot ok tough, you done extreemely well regards pain relief xxx Well done xxx
She is a beauty xxxx such a fine head of hair ;)

Congratulations, she's beautiful! Sorry you had such a rough time of it though :hugs:

congratulations hun.. shes gorgeous she has so much hair!

cant believe u were in labour for so long!!

oh my gosh, I had no idea you went through all this hell, you poor girl xxxx hugs and hope you're recovering well. Congratulations on your bundle of joy, seems like it's all worth it in the end xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->