AP while feeling ill

Tacey

Reaction score
I've had a cold for a week or so now and it was just getting better when I woke up this morning with a stomach bug. Every five minutes I'm having to dash to the toilet, and Alice is getting really upset. I've had to interrupt her feed several times now and I've left her on the floor crying, which I have never done before. I've tried going to bed with her, but she's not in the mood to sleep yet and I obviously can't wear her in the carrier. I just feel like I can't look after her properly today. I feel so guilty.

:hugs: sweetie. Don't worry i think we've all had times like this, when I had flu i felt so c*ap i could barely get out of bed. I remeber feeling so guilty i was in floods of tears but these things happen and it can't be helped. Is there someone who can take her for a bit for you? Your mum or someone? If you BF have you got some expressed milk you can get out?

:hugs: hope you feel better soon

You can't help feeling ill but I would feel guilty too so I know how you feel :hugs:

Oh, complete sympathies! Im just today starting to get over a nasty bug. Was so bad the other day I almost passed out coming down the stairs holding Theo so I had to give up and go bed with him for a few hours, fortunately he was mostly in the mood to sleep. Its crappy as they sense you are ill and it makes them more prone to being upset and when you HAVE to put them down they cry straight away when normally they would be happy for a few minutes!
Dont feel guilty though it cant be helped!

It's horrible isn't it? I've been getting migraines recently and I HAVE to go to bed for an hour as soon as it starts or I'll be out all day, but Leyla is not a fan of unexpected bedtimes! The last time it happened I gave up on the idea of getting her to sleep too and just brought loads of toys into bed with us. It was quite difficult trying to sleep while being bashed in the head with Sophie the Giraffe and kicked in the ribs, but we managed ok. Maybe you could make a comfy nest on the floor for you both to snooze/play in, then when you have to leave her she might not notice?

Thank you for all your replies. The thought of getting bashed in the head by Sophie the Giraffe made me laugh out loud - thanks for cheering me up!

In the end, DH came home for lunch and ended up staying with us, which was a huge relief. I've finally had some sleep and feel a bit brighter. It's times like this I wish she'd take a bottle so he could feed her too!

It's hard not to feel guilty if she cries, but I'm reminding myself that 99% of the time she gets all the attention she needs. What would I do without all you lovely ladies?

When I was sick I ended up expressing and using that milk as Noah got so upset coming on and off the boob while I was poorly.

aw hun - :hugs:

I had a bug a few weeks ago and spent two days in bed with her snuggled up with me. When she was feeling awake mainly just waved a rattle noisy toy at her! I felt awful and couldn't do anything,

She watched far too much Buffy with me but at least the T.V. kept her amused and I figured her sci-fi education should start somewhere lol! We made it through over half of series 7 :wacko:

If you can get help then ask for it - My OH suddenly found himself helping out alot more when he was at home and openly seemed shocked at how hard it was to do things on your own (he's got alot better at helping since too!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->