Apartment birth

MrsForesee

Reaction score
Would having a home birth in my 1 bedroom apt. be weird?? We have a HUGE garden tub.

No it wouldn't be weird, after all, most people labour and birth in one room at a hospital or birth centre, so a one bed appartment would give you more space than that!

I was thinking the same thing ! But we don't have a garden at this 1 bed apartment, is that what you meant by garden tub?? I was wondering what would be needed? In fact, its first time for me, so I was thinking of having natural birth at hospital if not at home. But I am thinking because I feel more comfortable at home, in familiar private environment rather than some interventions.

I had a home water birth with my daughter in our ground floor 1 bed.. and this time we are in a 2 bed 2nd floor (and it doesn' have a lift).. and there are no problems. (though we did have to check out the structural stability of the flooring - to make sure that me baby and pool don't fall through the ceiling!! hahaha!)

So no worries! It is surprising how much space you really have and birth stuff doesn't take up that much room - even with a pool (our pool was in the living room)

Xxx

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"