Apologizing to childhood friend.. 15 years later?

Sent! I feel better now.

Will update when she replies.

That's great. Even if you don't get a reply you know that you've done all you can to right the wrongs :) good on you.

Good for you! I hope it made you feel better. Regardless of her response, you did a great thing!

Hope she accepted and acknowledges your heartfelt message for what it is... I think, no matter how long it's been, getting an apology (especially one that feels genuine) is wonderful. I actually had an ex apology once (years later) for how he took me for granted while we were still dating... it was short and sweet, but much appreciated. We never talked after that. I did tell him I appreciated it though- and that was it. Back in the MySpace days (lol).

I too sent a private FB message apology to someone for something dumb that I did 15 years ago in high school. He never wrote back! I bet he had forgotten all about it and thought it was bizarre, haha. Oh well! Keep us updated on yours!

Aww well done on sending it. Hope she replies :flower:

She replied :) Here is what she said:

"Hey _____, (my name)

I completely forgot to reply to this message and I feel badly, especially because it was so lovely and sweet to hear from you after all this time. It's a coincidence actually that you chose to write me when you did because I also had been going through some old stuff recently, and I came across some of the fun letters and collages you used to make and send to me when we were still in Swedish School. I remembered when we fought, and to be honest, I don't even really remember what was said in either letter. It's all water under the bridge! Being a teenager is so tough and now I'm grateful I can just look back and chalk up a lot of things that happened due to emotional immaturity, or raging hormones. I decided long ago that I was not going to keep that letter you sent, and the only memories I have in my memory box of you are all happy ones! And now we're both older, and accomplished, and you're a MOMMY! It's just so incredible that we have been able to stay in touch for so long. I really hope we get the chance to meet up again soon and catch up!"

What a lovely response! So glad you wrote the message and that she took it so well. Great outcome :thumbup:

Aw that's so nice of her to reply, I hope you feel better now :hugs:

Awe, so glad it went well:) It's a load of your mind, too, to have made it right with an apology.

Aww what a lovely reply! It's so sweet that she kept your other letters etc to :D xx

What an awesome response!!!! I think that is the best possible scenario. Good for you for seeing it though. : ) I hope it is a weight lifted for you!

Aww so glad it went so well and you got a lovely reply :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->