apply for a job at 25 weeks??

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
OK im 25 +1 weeks pregnant I've always worked till I had dd2 where I was made redundant and been trying to get a job ever since well theres a lunchtime assistant job going and I really want to apply as I could do with the extra cash but I'm worried they would reject me because of being pregnant

I don't know what to do tbf :shrug:

I've actually thought about getting a part time job just to pay for this new baby's things! But, like you said idk if I'll just waste my time and get discouraged. They say they can't deny you but we all know they do cause what's the point in training someone to have them leave.

During my first pregnancy I thought of that and never actually went through with sending out any resumes or anything. Maybe if you make contacts it could work, but I guess a normal employer wouldn't be that interested in training someone to work for 3 months, to then be off for many months after and possibly not coming back. It's a lot of accomodation for a brand new employee.

I think I'm best off holding back till I've had the baby and then when he's 5 months old apply then, I need to break free from being a sahm and have a bit of normality if you get what I mean I've been a sahm now for 2 years and I feel so bored if I'm honest I love my children with every inch of my heart but I need a break x

I think I'm best off holding back till I've had the baby and then when he's 5 months old apply then, I need to break free from being a sahm and have a bit of normality if you get what I mean I've been a sahm now for 2 years and I feel so bored if I'm honest I love my children with every inch of my heart but I need a break x

I've been a SAHM for 2 years as well and need to break away!!! I've been very luck to stay at home but I want the extra money again and a normal conversation!! I feel ur pain! Love the kids and I always wonder if I'll regret it after I get a job...idk can't have both.

I've always worked till i had dd2 even after having dd1 I went back full time, my moms knee wasn't as bad then so I was lucky tbf, I wouldn't go back full time I just want a lunchtime assistant job that would suit me and be brill to have the same holidays off with the kids and still get paid for it, hopefully next year another job like that will come up x

I know where I live in the states, it's illegal to not hire you because you're pregnant, it's discrimination. They can't turn you down because you're pregnant, I get the whole "why train someone if they're leaving in a few months" but they can't say no because of you being pregnant.

Could you look for some of the seasonal jobs they start advertising around now? It's only a temp contract so it won't realy matter to them if your pregnant?

I applied at Argos for a Xmas temp but I put on the form I'm pregnant and my due date still nothing from that.

Even if it is illegal to discriminate it does happen unfortunatky, I had an interview when dd2 was 8 months old and they discriminated me because of having children a girl went in after me she was younger and had no children so she got the job it happens a lot and they get away with it I was over experienced for the job because I was shop manager at my previous job so there are ways around things xx

Don't put anything on the form about you being pregnant, people are dicks about things like that.

From an alternative point of view -
I am 23 weeks pregnant and I am employing someone to take my place so I can have my baby and not worry about the work here at work whilst I stay at home and look after my newborn. Because I will have two children I have decided I won't be returning to work immediately so it's a long term position, not maternity leave cover. I wouldn't be able to employ someone who was more pregnant than me because then there would be no one to cover me.
It really depends on the job and the scenario etc.

Are there any temping agencies around? When I had three months to fill I went to temping agencies and got a few different jobs doing basic admin. It was a lot of fun at the time. I wasn't there long enough to get bored and I got to meet lots of different people.

Good luck in your job hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->