Applying for schools (my current 3.6yo)

emalou90

Reaction score
... Basically?
Do you get sent a pack? Or what?
Or do you just go and do it all by yourself?

There isn't much help out there I've found. So maybe you ladies can help xx

Are you in the UK?
My local council sends a pack out around October/November time.
xx

Yeah in th UK. I've got my eye on one I'd like her to go too but didn't really know if we should wait for a letter or ask the school now? X

You can register online - if you google your LEA and they have an admissions section - it will open in November and you can do it all online and you are notified in April 2014

Here in Lincolnshire, the website opened in November and the deadline was something like the second week of January. The staff at both Rowan's nurseries checked up that we were applying for schools, but we never got anything from the Council: we had to arrange everything ourselves. Our local schools were quite happy about us approaching them to arrange visits: they didn't hold special meetings for prospective parents until after the acceptances were in, you had to make an appointment for yourself.

Here in the Cotswolds we get sent a pack at the end of October. They get all the details from the doctor that your child is registered with so they know where to send the packs.

Here its online thers leaflets about it in the lical libary

In Worcestershire we got sent a pack and there were posters everywhere (library, children's centre, doctors, nursery etc) telling you what to do. Your local schools will be setting up open days for October / November time when you can go and look around and ask lots of questions. I'd really recommend doing that because it completely changed our minds on what school we wanted to send Alex to. When you've made your choices you register and apply online, the deadline for us was January but I'd check what it is where you are, the info is normally all on your local council website x

In south glos you do it online at the end of October. DS school has really gone down hill since he started. We're hoping to move him at the end of this school year to a better one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->