Appointments after 34 weeks?

Nattimam

Reaction score
For those ladies who are past their 34-35 week, what appointments and how many do you have scheduled for testing, scanning, etc? My doctor is not bad, but she did not provide me with a plan of appointments or scans at this time of pregnancy. I have no clue how many times I have to see her, and what tests will be done and when? :shrug:

In the US, we usually see the doctor/midwife every two weeks from week 30-36. Then from week 36-40 we see the doctor/midwife weekly. As for scans, none that I'm aware of unless there is a problem or they are looking for something in particular. Sometimes there will be a US at the very end to confirm position of the baby or to check the size of the baby, that kind of thing. I also don't think there are any other tests that are scheduled, unless there is something they are specifically looking for. (Some doctors will continue to monitor urine at every appointment.) I don't know about Canada, though. Hope that helps!

thank you and that concerns me, since I have not been scheduled for bi-monthly appointments at all.. my sister in Europe also gets monitored every second week and then every week after 35 weeks. But I feel that my doctor could not care less unless I cal her with feeling ill or something. :(

For me, it's like the above poster said. Every 2 wks from 28-36 wks. Then weekly until due date. Even more often after I go past due date as they monitor and do scans to check and make sure placenta, fluid, baby are all still healthy enough.

yep, like the others, biweekly until week 36 then weekly. I actually scheduled the next four weekly appointments ahead of time. They also scheduled an ultrasound for week 39 to check on things and see how big baby is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->