April 2018 Testers - *UPDATE* 17 BFPs and Counting! Easter Bunny Please Bring Us BFPs

Dill, i highly recommended that your first test should be sperm analysis. Cp is most likely due to chromosome errors in the egg or sperm, so 50% chance that its your oh that needs treatment. The test for them is soooooo easy and not expensive. For us testing can get quite invasive. Ive had many tests done during my 19 cycles ttc (some painful, some not, but none showing anything wrong with me) only to find out that dh had sperm issues. (He simply started taking some supplements and we conceived within 3 cycles).

Similar to you, i also have regular-ish cycles and i always o. I did try Vitex for about 3 months and it did lengthen my 11 day lp to 12.5days,but also made my post-o temperature lower. So i stopped it (about 2 cycles before conceiving).

Keeping fingers crossed for you!

mme - Welcome and Good Luck!

Dill - I wish I had more educated advice for you. I guess all I can say is go with your gut. As I was reading your post I felt like sure it could be a good idea to try but also like you said if your cycles are regular I worry a bit about messing that up.

Oh the ticking clock. I feel it too. We wanted to have 4 but that dream is over. Right now I'd just do anything for 1 or 2.

Blo - Glad you're here to root us on!

Hey girls I haven’t even Ovulated for the March cycle yet. Been getting positive opks just not temp rise to comfirm. So I’m in a waiting limbo! Hope I can get there soon and be able to join the April thread! I’ll be cheering everybody on from the sidelines until then!! I just skimmed this thread some..

Dill- I just started Vitex a few weeks ago! But I do have very irregular cycles with no ovulation. I gear up for it and it fails for whatever reason. I’m not at the point of having tests done either. I did have some ultrasounds. The most recent one being last year and compared to my past ones they’ve never seen cyst on my ovaries and I don’t have any “typical character traits of pcos.” So my Dr really kind of persuaded me against leaning towards that as to my issues. She obviously wanted me to have the hormone panel done as well as the THS testing for thyroid issues. I just wasn’t mentally ready for it Incase it’s bad news. So I did decide to give Vitex a shot at regulating my cycles and getting me to ovulate on my own in hopes I could conceive before I broke down and got all the fertility testing done. From all the research and information I’ve gotten from other ladies who use Vitex & they say it’s honestly a miracle for them! That it’s referred to the herbal Clomid it’s that good! So of course I ran out and bought two bottles and have started taking them. My dr told me to take them first thing in the morning on an empty stomach at least 20-30 minutes before eating breakfast. Easy enough since I don’t eat breakfast very often haha. My Dr was totally on board with this as she’s knows I’m giving ttc on our own the best chance I have before needing assistance. So I started with 1200 mg and take all 3 capsules (at 400 mg each) first thing in the morning. I did have a few “hormonal” headaches the first week but nothing that Tylenol couldn’t get rid of. It could take anywhere from 10 days to 3 months to start working but from what I’ve read, it’s worth it! *BUT* the only thing is that if you’re regular and ovulate just fine it’s really not a good idea to take Vitex. It’ll actually make your cycles whacky as hell. But a lot of women take it to lengthen their LP if that’s an issue and it works great for that, from what I’ve read anyways! I’m definitely in no position to give actual medical advice but I did do tons of research before I finally hauled ass to GNC to get some! Everywhere in my city was sold out! And gnc only had two bottles left that’s why I bought them both to last me so I wouldn’t have to wait for them to be shipped to me.

Anybody else taken Vitex?? I&#8217;d love to hear anybody else who has been on it longer than me. I&#8217;ve heard it gives women lots of ewcm during their O days I&#8217;m curious if that&#8217;s true! Good luck ladies <3

Hi co fostermom :hugs:

I've moved over to April. Can you please put me down for the 12th?

Dill, i highly recommended that your first test should be sperm analysis. Cp is most likely due to chromosome errors in the egg or sperm, so 50% chance that its your oh that needs treatment. The test for them is soooooo easy and not expensive. For us testing can get quite invasive. Ive had many tests done during my 19 cycles ttc (some painful, some not, but none showing anything wrong with me) only to find out that dh had sperm issues. (He simply started taking some supplements and we conceived within 3 cycles).

Similar to you, i also have regular-ish cycles and i always o. I did try Vitex for about 3 months and it did lengthen my 11 day lp to 12.5days,but also made my post-o temperature lower. So i stopped it (about 2 cycles before conceiving).

Keeping fingers crossed for you!

I wouldn't be surprised if it's me. I do have a chromosomal disorder that is hereditary, although my rate of loss far exceeds that of other female family members, so maybe it's a combination of factors. It hadn't really occurred to me that it might be a sperm issue. That wouldn't entirely surprise me. DH had a lot of unprotected sex with a lot of women before we met, and never once had an oopsie or got any of them pregnant. I have no idea how we'd get the ball rolling on getting him tested, though. I guess I'd need to see my midwife first, anyway.

I had two losses with my ex husband that I'm aware of, but they weren't CPs, they were full on miscarriages. I suspected that one was simply poor health and lifestyle (I wasn't aware I was pregnant until I miscarried), and one was a pregnancy with an IUD in, so that loss sort of explains itself. I never TTC'd with him, so I have no way of knowing if there were any CPs.

Bloblo you're more than welcome to stalk our :bfp:s!!!

Welcome Mme and FTale!

Diedrek just let me know when you'd like to test and I'll get you down!

Dill, I took vitex when ttc dd. I had irregular cycles after bcp, I Od regularly on vitex and had lp of at least 13 days. I stopped vitex after 7 or 8 months I think. Took a natural cycle then tried fertilaid and ovaboost. Fertilaid has vitex in it. I did conceive dd after 4 months of this.

I'm taking vitex right now even though I O regularly, my lp has been averaging 11 days which is not long enough for me. I'm hoping I don't O late.

I saw some creamy cm today which usually starts a week before O which would have me O on my normal schedule.

Can't wait for testing :)

Hey everyone. Can you please put me down for 8th April

co_fostermom sorry I took your idea about the follicle check... but loved the idea

Anyone gearing up to O soon? I'm still about a week away.

Hey girls sorry i havnt been about x hope your all doing well :) i may need some advice on assisted conception soon :-( finnaly got the guts to research what my surgeon ( from my c section) ment when he said i had a paper thin womb/uterus. Now i wish i hadnt.
A few sites have said it holds very little chance of implantation and the chance of carrying to term is about 5% :-(
Upset but it does explain my irregular periods, my chemical and why i had so many issues in my first pregancy fetal growth ******ation ( thin womb reduces the nutrients that get to baby), low liquer volume, low birth weight and fetal distress.
Will also explain why it took 3 years to concieve him. So this could be a very long journey :-(

On a postive note since talking to my partner about it he has been so supportive and really geared up the ttc even suggested fertility treatments bless him.

Have been dtd nearly every night so you never know x

Welcome Nixnax. I'll get you down for the 8th.

Loves2Design no need for apologies. It helps me stay preoccupied when I have a ticker telling me when the next event is because I can't have a ticker for testing yet.

Phantom....last cycle I had a thin uterine lining. It's nothing that scared my RE. They just gave me this "fun" little blue pill (I had to make fun of it, you know?) to take until testing time. It's an estrogen suppository. It's not super fun to take because it's infamous for leaving a blue discharge behind but it grew my lining perfectly. Once you test positive or negative, they tell you to stop taking it. It was fairly inexpensive ($20 for me at one pharmacy, though I'm sure I could have found it cheaper somewhere else). Progesterone suppositories on the other hand are ridiculously expensive if you're self-pay (like me) but that's a completely different issue. Anyway, I tell you this to encourage you. My particular fertility clinic specializes in helping women who have had multiple miscarriages and that's one of the things they do to prevent MCs. Your uterine lining changes throughout your cycle and every cycle. It just depends on the hormones in your body in a given cycle. I believe the reason my last cycle didn't work out is because I started with a super thin lining and then bled for 11 days (extremely unusual for me). I was also like 2 months late, but again, that's an ovulation problem that played into a uterine problem. After having a medicated cycle in which I was able to confirm ovulation through various means, this new cycle has so far been much more normal. My guess is my lining isn't as thin. If it is, however, at my follicle check, they will prescribe me estrogen again to help my lining. Also, if you believe you're having a problem with implantation, there is researched evidence to suggest that vitamin D helps with implantation, so that's either a good test to get, or just get the OTC version and follow its direction, because even if you're not trying to get pregnant, vitamin D is good for you and most people don't realize we really don't get enough.

Welcome Nixnax. I'll get you down for the 8th.

Loves2Design no need for apologies. It helps me stay preoccupied when I have a ticker telling me when the next event is because I can't have a ticker for testing yet.

Yea I total understand were your coming from I made a guess of when I would need to test

Dream I should be O'ing any time Saturday or after so pretty soon...

Thankyou for all your advice fostermom x im kinda hoping it is lining and not the actual uterus walls as i know that can be dangerous. But i am starting to think it is that due to the fact that my first pregnancy had symptoms of it (lack of nutrients to baby) and the fact i have him at all, me and my partner at the time were only dtd once a month when we concieved him and i think if you paired that with a thin lining his conception would of been an outright miracle lol. Also my surgeon said it was paper thin to cut And they expect it from someone who has had 3 or 4 pregnancies. So im assuming he is talking about the whole uterus, havnt seen anywhere where the number of pregnancies can affect lining but have seen how it can thin the whole uterus (walls). Gonna go gp tomorrow to find out for sure, i so hope your right fostormom x

phantom: Hey :flower: I hope all goes well with your gp and that its not your uterine walls that are thin.:hugs:

Its almost over. Should start AF Saturday or Sunday. I'm feeling it to. I always get what feels like the flu on 12dpo. Must be the major change over in hormones. So, prepping my body for another round. :coffee: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->