April Fool's Jokes!

I don't think the baby coming early was the joke I think it was the fact that she couldn't get ahold of anyone was the joke. Yes premee is not funny I don't think it was her goal to up set ya'll she may have never been around a premee birth so did not think of it that way. At lest you didn't upset the family

I'd never joke about a problem with one of the babies to anyone! I just don't think it's appropriate in ANY circumstances to have people worry there is a problem with the babies if there isn't. I don't care WHAT day it is, that's just not something you joke about. The only time I would call someone about an issue is if an issue actually existed. Telling someone they are coming WAY early isn't funny.

Premature labour is not a joke and trying to panick people like that isn't funny.

I can have quite a quirky sense of humour but that's just bad taste

Wow, I didn't think you'd get so many rude responses!!

Really?

"she called a travel agency, started packing her suitcase, posted a help message on my facebook- and was about to call 911 for help when no one responded that they could get to my house, when i called her and said April Fools"

This is a site filled with women who have lived that nightmare. I'm not surprised at all that many don't see the humor. There are women in this very forum (3rd tri), who are struggling to hold their sweet babes in. There is a time and a place...this probably isn't the place to post this sort of humor if one is expecting it to be well received. ...that's just my $.02 though.

Really?

"she called a travel agency, started packing her suitcase, posted a help message on my facebook- and was about to call 911 for help when no one responded that they could get to my house, when i called her and said April Fools"

This is a site filled with women who have lived that nightmare. I'm not surprised at all that many don't see the humor. There are women in this very forum (3rd tri), who are struggling to hold their sweet babes in. There is a time and a place...this probably isn't the place to post this sort of humor if one is expecting it to be well received. ...that's just my $.02 though.

Well said x

Yes, really. Every family is different and some share the same sense of humor as OP, which I'm sure is why she did it because she knew they would find it funny as well. It was April Fools Day for goodness sake. People joke about all kinda things that, on any other day, wouldn't be funny. She probably hasn't been thru or know anyone who has had a premature birth which is probably why she didn't figure people on here would react the way they have. A friend of mine who is about as far along as I am posted that her water broke yesterday and everyone found it funny. But like I said, everyone has their own sense of humor and OP shouldn't be talked down to because of hers and her families

i just dont think it was funny, but to each his own:)

Yes, really. Every family is different and some share the same sense of humor as OP, which I'm sure is why she did it because she knew they would find it funny as well. It was April Fools Day for goodness sake. People joke about all kinda things that, on any other day, wouldn't be funny. She probably hasn't been thru or know anyone who has had a premature birth which is probably why she didn't figure people on here would react the way they have. A friend of mine who is about as far along as I am posted that her water broke yesterday and everyone found it funny. But like I said, everyone has their own sense of humor and OP shouldn't be talked down to because of hers and her families

Nobody has been rude in their responses or talked down to the OP. It's just not something that is funny in any circumstances, whether someone has been through the experience of preemie birth or not, and it's certainly not something that most people would think was appropriate as an April Fool. I just don't see how anyone could find that funny unless they have a really warped sense of humour. My family panicked like crazy when I told them at 25 weeks that I'd been told my pregnancy would not last beyond 30 weeks. Then when we found out she was coming at 27 weeks, they were all so scared. I can't imagine being put through that by a family member as a joke and finding it funny.

Yes it was April Fool's day and people do all sorts of jokes, but there are things you just don't joke about - you wouldn't say you'd just been diagnosed with cancer as an April Fool, would you? I just really don't see how anyone could find it funny saying they'd gone into labour that early and saying the doctors were trying to stop it. You don't need to have been through it yourself to be able to realise that it's a terrible and terrifying ordeal for anyone. I hadn't been through it myself yet when my best friend told me her baby was coming at 34 weeks and I was terrified for her and her baby.

Nobody has been rude in their responses or talked down to the OP. It's just not something that is funny in any circumstances, whether someone has been through the experience of preemie birth or not, and it's certainly not something that most people would think was appropriate as an April Fool. I just don't see how anyone could find that funny unless they have a really warped sense of humour. My family panicked like crazy when I told them at 25 weeks that I'd been told my pregnancy would not last beyond 30 weeks. Then when we found out she was coming at 27 weeks, they were all so scared. I can't imagine being put through that by a family member as a joke and finding it funny.

Yes it was April Fool's day and people do all sorts of jokes, but there are things you just don't joke about - you wouldn't say you'd just been diagnosed with cancer as an April Fool, would you? I just really don't see how anyone could find it funny saying they'd gone into labour that early and saying the doctors were trying to stop it. You don't need to have been through it yourself to be able to realise that it's a terrible and terrifying ordeal for anyone. I hadn't been through it myself yet when my best friend told me her baby was coming at 34 weeks and I was terrified for her and her baby.

And this is where different peoples personalities come into play. Just because one person does/doesn't find something funny doesn't mean everyone in the world will agree :)

I dont find the joke funny :shrug:

personally i find it a bit strange someone would post something like this on a forum filled with ladies who have actually lived that nightmare and others who are having problems and at risk of having their babies early :/

And this is where different peoples personalities come into play. Just because one person does/doesn't find something funny doesn't mean everyone in the world will agree :)

Exactly just because the majority of replies on here have found that 'April Fool' in very bad taste, myself included, I would NEVER joke about such a thing. Doesn't mean the responses to OP have been rude, we just don't find it funny!

Terrible joke, weird sense of humor, and an even worse place to post it. My parents are in PA and I'm in VA I would never want to scare my family back home so bad that it causes them stress and I definitely don't want to jinx myself. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I just think this was in extremely bad taste. Wishing everyone happy healthy pregnancies.

This site is not just for pregnant wonman, its full of woman who have lost at some point in there pregnancy. They come here for support and advice with there pregnancy or help with there loss not to read this sick joke (if you can even call it a joke). I lost my twins late into my second tri and I spent over 4 weeks with this pregnancy in hospital trying to stop my lo from coming ealy so no its not a very tasteful joke... what if it happens?? You have calked wolf and now no one will believe you and that is a awgul thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->