Aptamil comfort milk?

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
Whats the difference between aptamil normal, aptamil comfort and aptamil hungry baby. I didnt know they did a comfort milk till today, it says relives constipation?? Whats the difference? I know hungry baby is very heavy and thick milk .... sometimes ava is very constipated and it can take a day or two to pass, now im wondering if i should be using comfort??

maybe, comfort milk is for colic and constipation x

but i mean like, whats different about them? is it thicker? or what? :wacko:

yea its thicker - i'm not sure what the hungry baby one is like so cant compare but its thicker than the normal one - though i still used size one teats so its not THAT thick...

I came off it in the end, it was tonnes better than the devil (SMA) but i prefer just the normal cow and gate - though c&g is the same company as aptamil anyways

have you tried just adding a teaspoon of OJ to some water for the constipation? thats what my HV recommended x

We use it, as it has half the amount of lactose in it which relieved Izzy's colic. It is thicker but again not hugely so we didnt have to change teat size. Izzy never haves constipation and i think its because of this milk

No i havnt didnt know about that one, usually just try cooled boiled water, ill maybe try it next time!

Comfort milk has been processed more, so it is easier to digest. It is thicker than stage 1, which may help with any colicky symptoms, and its composition means your LO is less likely to suffer with constipation too. I'm currently using the equivalent formula from cow and gate to relieve my LO's constipation, and it is working really well.

Prior to that I was giving him approx 1oz of cool boiled water per day, which was working, it's just that he hated it and screamed the place down. You could perhaps try that first if you didn't want to switch straight away. I know people who have used orange juice to make their LO's go, and it works, but personally I don't like the idea of it for younger babies unless all other avenues have been explored.

Bear in mind that comfort formula costs about £1 per tub more than standard, and that you will need to get the next size teats (if you're using stage 1 milk now) for your bottles because it is thicker. Also, your LO may end up taking less quantity because of the thicker consistency, so their weight gain may drop a little.

And also a couple of things it's useful to know when using comfort formula. Your LO's poos will turn greener, and at least to begin with will smell absolutely disgusting. I could smell my DS from downstairs when he was in bed with the door shut!:sick: On the plus side, it was the reason my LO started going through the night:happydance: Also, when you make up the bottles, it looks like the milk has split - but it will mix up properly if you give it a good shake.

ahrite, cool. I will ring the HV on tuesday and see if i can pop up and see her and have a chat about it. Its just sometimes she suffers so badly with pooing and i thought she would grow out of it but no such luck yet. other times shes fine, so im not sure.

i tired the comfort food for her colic for a couple of days and it made things 100x worse - her wind was horrendous :( xxx

didnt make it worse for me but wasnt much of a difference - just standard cow and gate worked a treat tho!

My DD had terrible constipation, trapped wind/colic when I failed miserably at BFin :cry: I gave her SMA gold and thats where it all started. My HV advised against changing milk, she said swapping and changing brands could really irritate her under developed gut. I carried on for a couple of days and then against her advise tried Aptamil (stage 1) and she was ok until about 6 weeks when the Colic came back with avengance! I asked HV about changing to Aptamil comfort and she told me the same. I didn't end up changing as I didnt want to make it worse, I got Colief instead which you add to their bottles and it worked, it was AMAZIN - although expensive (about £10 for a tiny bottle). I mentioned it to my GP at 6 week check and she gave me a prescription for Colief.

LO was only pooing every 2 days so the MW told us to try the ready made cartons of milk which we did and they really helped and now has a carton every evening rather than powder and isn't constipated anymore :) worth trying before buying colief

can you used the colic and constipation milk from birth instead of using the aptmil 1 ?

Well i wouldnt, you dont know if they need it untill they get colic or constipation, which not every baby does, so i'd use normal untill/ if LO gets them then change!

we use aptimal comfort and saw a bif difference in kaceys colic. Its thicker than normal milk and for kacey we went up 2 sizes. I guess it makes a different what ake teate you use. I have tried hungry baby as well, this isnt as thick as comfort. If your LO has constpation and not colic then maybe speck to HV and try water 1st.

yeah, i wouldnt use it from birth on the offchance the baby MIGHT have constipation or colic, wait untill the baby does, then try other things THEN change, Cos not every baby gets it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hollie200
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->