Aptimal and weaning

Mum2BeJodi

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Those of you who use Aptimal first milk...... when u weaned baby did you swap milks to number 3? Or is it just a load of rubbish? Do i need to swap? I'm confused.

u dont need to change it over really, its all still the same stuff.
but i think i changed to 3 when zane was around 8 months

I am also giving LO Aptimil and starting weaning. I know a lot of babies on Aptamil have really loose nappies. Does that stop when you wean them do you know? I can't cope with those nappies! lol

my son still has loose nappies and hes not using formula anymore so some babies will just have loose stools.

but once baby is on solids then tend to get better

You don't have to change but you can if you want. I stayed with first milk until he was 1 then went straight to cows milk so have never used follow on or toddler milk. My LO has always had runny poo, when on Aptamil, when he was weaning and he still does now on cows milk. Some babies just do!

i swapped at 6 months and he`s been fine on it, hasnt noticed the difference. despite being weaned for 6 weeks tho the nappies are still loose (and now smellier too)

thanks and sorry to OP feel like I've hijacked your thread! :(
I have been umming and arring as to whether to change to follow on milk but don't think I'll bother for now!

Think I'm gonna change back to Aptamil - on SMA and she's so constipated!!

We wont be changing to follow on - its quite thick from what I understand and my HV said there's no reason to change anyway its just marketing cos they cant advertise first milks by law xx

I stayed with the comfort milk and didn't bother using follow on. The only real difference is there is more iron in the follow on milk. Babies do start needing more iron after 6 months but they can get it in their diet and don't need different milk. As the above poster said, it was only really invented to get round the advertising ban.

x

My lo is on aptamil & weaning - I wasn't aware there was another milk to change to!! I've just kept her on the same one!

Im just keeping LO on stage 1, and then he will go on to cows milk from 1years

I changed Macie to Aptamil Stage 3 at about 7/8 months when she was on 3 meals aday as it is a little less filling than the stage 1. It is designed to go with weaning but you dont have to change! It's entirely up to you!
Macie LOVES her food and was eating loads of normal food. She still has 3 bottles of it now tho xx

theres not much difference either in the quanity of ingredients in the follow on I checked yesterday - like 3mg difference of iron per 100ml x

I'm a cheapskate - I switched coz they do 3 for 2s on them that they can't do on No1 milk! Fin hasn't been any different on it so I thought I may as well save a bit of money! x x

I'm a cheapskate - I switched coz they do 3 for 2s on them that they can't do on No1 milk! Fin hasn't been any different on it so I thought I may as well save a bit of money! x x

Where did they do the 3 for 2??? i wanna know!!! lol. xx

lol they have follow on milks 3 for 2 in baby events or boots very often :) x

I stayed with the comfort milk and didn't bother using follow on. The only real difference is there is more iron in the follow on milk. Babies do start needing more iron after 6 months but they can get it in their diet and don't need different milk. As the above poster said, it was only really invented to get round the advertising ban.

x

Thank you for this info. I've just re read this thread now my lo is hitting 6 months & I saw the no 3 milk & picked some up. I will be bringing my lo up veggie so even if I just swap for the extra iron it's worth it :thumbup: Eventhough she will have a varied diet all extra vits & nutients will be a bonus :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->