Aptimil and Poo!

Happy

Mummy to Phoebe
Reaction score
We feed Phoebe Aptimil 1 and she seems to like it but the problem we are having is that she is only going for a poo every 3-4 days and spends the days before straining trying to get it out. Once she has done a poo (they are explosive!) she is fine for a day but then the whole process of straining starts again until she manages to go. She has really smelly wind and her stomach is always hard, I am beginning to think aptimail doesn't agree with her but i'm not sure.

Has anyone else had any problems with it?

She is seeing a craniel osteopath at the moment who said her bowels are compacted due to a very long labor and she is in the process of stretching them out which has helped a bit. We are at a loss with what to do as she just seems so uncomfortable all the time.

I had the same problem with my son on SMA and Aptimil 1 so i switched to Aptimil easy digest and it helped a little. You could try giving her some cooled boiled water when shes trying to go, That also helped my son. If not, Ask your doctor. Because when i told my doctor about this she said give him water or juice (he was a little older though with the juice) and said if it doesnt work there is something the doc can prescribe.

He is now 6months and now doesnt have this problem anymore!

Hiya
My little girl [same birth date as yours!] had the same problem on SMA Gold, she would look like she needed to poo so I would take her nappy off and hold her legs up a couple times she would scream as if in pain, when she did eventually go she was in pain whilst she went then fine for a couple of days.

I changed her from SMA Gold to Aptamil 1 a week ago and it has helped loads, now she goes once a day and does not seem to be in pain at all. Maybe try changing her milk and also giving her some cool boiled water - thats the advice I was given anyway.

Hope this helps.

x

I've heard this problem abt aptamil, Olivia goes for a poo once a day but spends the day straining and in waves of pain on and off. I've given her gripe water which helps sometimes, other times I've put her in her vibration chair, which seems to help a bit by relaxing her.

However I think she needs aptmail stage 2 or a stage 2 milk and am a bit worried this will make the poo process even harder. Im not sure if a baby problem or more specific to brands of milk?

We had the same problem with Aptamil - changed to Hipp organic and it made a world of difference.

hmmm i'm not sure.... fin had aptamil but did sooo many runny poos. he literally used to poo when he had every bottle. but he did have a period of struggling to poo when he was a few weeks old. i think most babies have this tbh. probably just strggling with a new digestive system. maybe switch milk but do understand you may still continue to have the problem until his system matures a bit. xxxx

Erin has always been on Aptamil 1 and has always been fine. The only time she was constipated was when she started solids. However every baby is different so it may not suit Phoebe. xx

im having this same problem with brooke i think, or its colic. Everytime i put her down she screams the place down. She is having a problem with her poo's at the mo aswell, she would stop screaming when i lifted her in up right position, but screamed when i put her down. so im not sure what the cause of it was, and im not sure whether to change the milk as im not sure whats causing all of this :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->