Are OPK tests accurate??

chantellep223

Reaction score
I spotted yesturday, a very thin brown/red streak in EWCM and a tiny pink spot on its own. i took 3 OPKs one yesturday morn one last night and one this morning all definate negatives. could barely see the test line!

But as i have really irregular cycles im wondering if it is implantation. I havent had any more since yesturday dinnertime and it was all within 1 1/2 hours- 2 hours

can anyone shed any light?
Thank you!! xx

I would say they are pretty accurate in detecting the LH surge. Yes you can miss it if you have a short surge or you can have a surge and not ovulate but I think they would be considered pretty accurate if used correctly. Good luck!

opks have always been very accurate for me (even with pcos w/very irregular cycles). they've predicted my o like clockwork ever single time. the only time i ever got a pos opk when i wasn't about to o was they day i got my bfp.

i also have pcos. so surely the spotting was more likley to be implantation do you think?
Thank you for answering me :) appreciate it :) xx

my previous cycles have ranged between 22-35. i have PCOS and have always had irregular periods. also i think i had a misscarrage last month as i got a few positive tests inbetween negative tests, i asked the doctors but they didnt seem to care much.. i last bled on 12th may for 4 days but it was only after dinner, i never bled all night and the last day was on and off, but when i did it was 'thick' Sorry for TMI just thought id give you all the details lol :) x

P.S i didnt answer you question. lol. when i sort of average my cycles i guess im between 2 and 6 dpo.

wow...with pcos you're really lucky to have such short cycles!!! it could be implantation bleeding, but 2-6 dpo might be a little early (though not impossible). i had ib at 12dpo. it was a big splotch of brownish pink and only lasted a couple hours--but i actually had the ib after my bfp (more common than you'd think). have you tried a hpt yet?

yeah i tryed an IC a few hours ago.. i thought i could see a VERY faint line but OH says im dreaming! lol.. think if i do 1 in the morning, i can compare the 2.. lol
I was diagnosed with PCOS before i had my son, and 2 months ago ish i had a scan which i was told showed cysts.. but doctor said that dosent for certain mean PCOS. but as i had it before its probable. so im not 100% lol xx

guys can never see lines on pregnancy tests lol
can you post a pic of the test you took before?

The ovulation test or Preg test hun? they just glance and say 'no you crazy lady' lol. useless :p xx

the ic you took. i want to see if i can see anything. or an updated one from today if you've got it.

i can't really see anything yet. wait a couple days and test again. if it was ib, you should get a positive within 2 or 3 days (of the spotting).

did one about an hour ago and theres a veryyyy faint line that even OH can see!! :D not going to get hopes up to much as could be an evap as i didnt look in time but fingers crossed! i took a picture but you cant see it.. xxx

if oh can see it, it's probably there!

30th may Afternoon.jpg

you cant see the line, but i put the dots as an indication of were i see the line on the real thing lol. :shrug: you prob wont see anything but thought id post :)

i think i *might* be able to see something on the tweak,but i'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->