Are there any breastfeeding mothers taking clomid?

sharnw

Mum to soon to be 3
Reaction score
Im looking for bf mothers that are ttc and taking clomid.
Is it safe?

surely your doctor would tell you unless your not on prescription and buying illegally

I wouldn't, clomid is strongly hormonal and to restart ovulation but you dont tend to ovulate whilst breast feeding for a reason (so your body can physically cope)

I would suggest if you really want to try now the quit breastfeeding so your natural cycle can return and then if you have issues you can take hormonal drugs without running the risk of dosing you child with hormones

Running through with my doctor this Friday when I have an appointment. I'm waiting out until and asking out of curiosity.

I had to take clomid to conceive my daughter, so I know its a strong hormonal med. Thanks!

I've read that clomid is okay to take while nursing if you are only nursing once or twice a day. I think the concern with it is that it may decrease your milk supply rather than hormones going to your baby through milk.

It's frustrating when you want to get pregnant and nursing is interfering! My cycles didn't return until after I weaned my son. I nursed for a year and since I was really eager to TTC again and met my year goal, I made the decision to wean.

Thanks wanting :)
My DD is 15 months. I want her weaned, but she always wakes up for night nursing 2-3 times. Its really just for comfort now. I would not have a problem if my milk dried up. I was afraid of it playing with her hormones and making her have a period :cry:
I read on kellmom that it affects the milk by drying it up.

When I weaned DS he was still waking at night to nurse. He adapted really well! And started STTN. I think his night nursing was purely habit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->