Are there any reasons as to why my sisters like me to do up their jackets.

Caroline2000

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum so I will introduce myself to you a little bit :). I am now caring for my twin 7yr old sisters due to the fact that our parents passed away about a year ago so I am just trying to find my feet and work best I can to do the best job I can.

One thing that I have noticed ever since our parents passed away is, the girls always get me to zip their jackets for them despite the fact that they know how to so, I am just wondering if there are any particular reasons as to why they are doing this because, when our parents were alive, the girls never got them to zip their jackets for them? I really do not mind zipping the jackets as it only takes a few seconds, I am just curious as to why the girls are doing this :)?

Hi Caroline, I'm sorry to hear about your parents passing away. My guess is that your sisters are seeking out nurturing, which is why they want you to zip up their jackets. This small thing might be helping them to feel safe, secure and loved.

I'm so sorry to hear about your parents passing away :(. I'm glad you're there for your sisters and able to take care of them during this hard time in all of your lives. If I had to guess I would say that they just find comfort in you doing that for them. Maybe they have grown really close to you and in a way it's how they're coping? Maybe when they were around their parents they felt more of a need to be independent but now that things have happened the way they have they realize how much they miss them. This is only my thoughts, I'm obviously no expert.

Hello, I'm sorry you've all had such a rotten thing happen. As the others have said I think it may be about comfort, but also maybe about them making sure you know that they need you. My nieces have recently mover in with me after their mum died and although they are older I'm often surprised by the simple things they ask me to do for them, even things they've done independently for years, |I put it down to wanting to be mothered and a wee worry that I'll think they can do everything when they're really not ready to be so grown up. All the best to you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->