Are there any Teachers in here?

smileyfaces

Reaction score
Hi all, I have an interview tomorrow for my PGCE at Uni so that I can teach at secondary level. I've got a 2:1 degree in Psychology and had a year out to have Oscar and now Im applying for Uni for sept 2012. All the info I've had through about my interview says that I will be questioned on current educational issues. I dont have a freaking clue what current educational issues are at the moment and google isn't helping me all that much.
So if there are any teachers, or anyone training to be a teacher, that could point me in the right direction and give me a little helping hand I would be FOREVER greatful

SF xx

Hiya.

I'm a primary teacher but i'm taking a couple of years out to be a SAHM. To be honest, I haven't kept up to date with educational issues! The BBC news webite has a an education section that could be useful, as well TES online.

There are the issues that are always current in schools such as inclusion, Special educational needs, English as an additional language, immigrant communities and their imapct on local schools.

Good luck with the interview! x

yeah I've read up on SEN and a recent ofsted report outlining that schools run better as 'academies' and a few other bits and bobs but I just dont know where to start with TES as there seems to be soo much info! Argh, thanks for the advice x

I am a secondary sociology teacher, (trained at Keele).

Think about your views/ knowledge on:
Importance of psychology.
How confident you are in a second subject.
Issues such as mixed ability teaching versus setting
How to teach EAL students.
Inclusion
Academies versus LEA control, (ofsted word isn't only view).
What type of teacher u want to be.
Ebacc qualifications.
Do we test pupils too much.

Good luck and let us know how it goes and the outcome.
Xx

I am a secondary sociology teacher, (trained at Keele).

i go to keele!!! :) LOVE IT! and I've just done a PGCE taster and they say TES is the best place to look for things!

also mention how the curriculum is changing and know how! thats what thy have suggested to us! :)

best of luck honey xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"