Are these names too similar?

Zinky

Reaction score
DH and I have finally agreed on the name Lyla for our baby due soon. The only thing worrying me is that we have close friends and their daughter is Ella. Are the names too similar? Would you be upset if someone named their baby similar to yours?

No.

I don't think they are too similar and wouldn't be upset.

Has Layla/Leila been discussed if your worried about lyla?

not really a problem, I have a friend with a son called Jake but dont actually know the child so doesn't bother me at all

I also dont think they're that similar, yes the both have 2 Ls and an A but are pronounced very different

if your really worried you could change the spelling to Lilah

I don't think they're similar at all, go for it :) x

Nope I think your fine, love the name! Something too similar would be Stella imo

Thanks Ladies, you have put my mind at rest!
We did consider Layla but both prefer Lyla (and also DH is a huge Oasis fan :blush: )

Not too similar at all. I LOVE Lyla :flower:. My top girls name is Lilah :thumbup:

I don't see how they are similar 2bh! Go for it :thumbup:

Agree with PP, not really too similar, I don't see how it could upset them.

Not alike at all. Is it Leila or Lila pronounced?

Not alike at all. Is it Leila or Lila pronounced?

Its pronounced Lie-Luh.
I thought they were similar because of the La at the end, but I'm glad everyone thinks they are not alike. Only 10 days to go until my planned section so we are running out of time to think of another name lol.

I love Lyla and not similar at all. Similar to be would be Ellison. :D

No i love the name... if you love it go for it... i dont think its too similar at all.

I don't think they are too similar to be honest. My favourite girls name at the mo is Lila and DH's best friend has a little girl called Ella but we won't let that put us off if we have a girl and go with Lila.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->