Are these type of mood swings normal

Stephanie7706

Reaction score
Hi,

Well I just arrived into my third trimester (I'm at 27 weeks), and I am a wreck. I feel extremely depressed sometimes, I get very angry with my fiance easily, and for no reason I cry. I feel like a 14 year old girl again. Before I was pregnant I was on zoloft for depression, so I'm not sure if how I am feeling is normal or not. Also I feel extremely fat, I hate looking in the mirror now, I mean I love my cute tummy, but the hips, and arms, and now my boobs are saggy, it's all really getting to me. It also dosn't help that my future mother in-law always finds away to comment on my waight, and how I used to be "so skinny". Do any of you have these problems too, or am I the only one?...

~Stephanie

I think what youre feeling is normal, though im sure the comments from the MIL dont help!
Try not to take any notice of her, im sure you look fine :D

sweetie, take it from someone who has been there twice
It is so normal for you to feel this way
1 minute i would be laughing with OH and next i wanted to rip his head of as soon as look at him!!!

It is normal to feel so fat and unnattractive when you have been slim and sleek before

Don't worry about you are normal and ignore MIL :hugs:

you are very normal :D mood swings and feeling fat are both major parts of pregnancy :? unfortunately :D and i agree ignore you MIL she's not helping :D....also i know it doesn't help, but when you think you've gained to much or anything like that just remember your baby will be nice and healthy from those extra pounds :D:D xxx

i completely get what you're saying! more so about the mood swings - my lover is a little overwhelmed with my 'instabilities', in some ways he's probably happy that he's working away and doesn't have to deal with me in the same house.. i've mostly found that i've been insecure, needy, and def emotional swings, so there's really only so much i can do about it, other than cry when i need to! this pregnancy, my first, has been very healing, emotionally for me as i'm seeing myself very differently now and it's hard to put into words.. well,
i just love my body and curves now.. i was almost underweight (see-thru as my lover says) when i got pregnant and have put on 40lbs already and have more confidence in my body now than before, i feel almost powerful, like a goddess.. and other than the infrequent questioning of how someone else's ass attached itself to mine! *sigh...
i guess we all have a different experience of this thing called 'pregnancy' :)
maybe try to think of all the 'negatives' and things that make you uncomfortable as a way to get your baby closer to you, that this is important work your body is doing - it's for a good cause right?! lol and love it for doing the work it is designed to!
celebrate yourself and the gift of life you're giving to the wee angel in your belly x
*hugs*
bless x

omg! i just replied to a thread that's 3.5 years old! guess it struck a cord with me :)
and it's not like something we all probably wonder from time to time...

All normal hun- good old hormones. Don't worry about the weight you will lose it after the baby is born. Thinking of you.

love Charlotte
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->