Are we boring?

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by Marleysgirl, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Marleysgirl

Marleysgirl Mum to a SCBU Warrior!

Just been browsing through the threads in this area ....

We're calling our boy Andrew. It's 87th on the list, and doesn't appear to be very popular in amongst the Caydens & Tobys that are getting mentioned!

Oh well, at least he'll be unusual at school, if the name is now that unpopular :rofl:

His middle name is more unusual - it's a family surname, so he'll be Andrew Marley X.

2. Diana

Diana Mom to 2 Boys & 1 Girl!

Nope, not boring at all, classic and classic is lovely, I like it!! We have a lot of Andrew's in our family and if not for that I would use it too some day. Very nice choice. :D

3. Kiddo

Kiddo Well-Known Member

I like the name. There are loads of Andrews in my family too and if it wasn't for someone close already having a little boy named Andrew it would be on our list. I like classic/traditional names like that. Definitely not boring!

4. NuttyJester

NuttyJester Brand new little boy! :o)

I like proper names! We've chosen Jack for a boy, despite it being at the top of lists... it's just a good, proper name like Andrew!

5. sabby52

sabby52 Mother, Nanny

I know lots of Andrews, I like boys to have a proper name to me Andrew sounds way better than something like "20 tog", because he was concieved on a 20 tog duvet !!!!! That was a bad example but I am thinking of going to bed and a duvet is all I can think of !!! Lol

6. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

Lol sabby, I like andrew, nice strong boys name x

7. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

I like it. My hubby's name is Andrew. It is a good, sturdy traditional name which will work well for him amongst all of the 'twirly's' and 'Tweston's' of the modern naming game.....Our names are very traditional too, even more so than Andrew, (still not telling!! :rofl:)

8. MissyMojo

MissyMojo Army Wife, Mam & BFP

Andrew is a lovely name, its probalby lower down on the "popularity lists" because its been a popular name just recently and theres a saturation of andrews in alot of familys,

its why were not including it in our lists as hubbys side has 3 Andrews already,

9. Meerkat

Meerkat Pregnant with first

I think it's a great name. I like David too which is my DH's name and also my little brothers name. Not so keen on 'Dave' though! But there are quite a lot of names like Andrew, David and Daniel which I like - I think I must be an old fashioned girl at heart. x

10. ninab

ninab Mum to Luke and Alice

I love it. I personaly hate this trend for calling your child 'Apple' or 'Allilooloo' etc :rofl: These poor kids have got to go through life with a ridiculous name.

I'm a traditional girl!

11. Sinead

Sinead Well-Known Member

Great name - my dh is Andrew, everyone calls him Andy, except his mum who gives him his full name and his dad who calls him Roo