Are you doing anything different this time?

DaisyBee

Mom of 2
Reaction score
Hi girls! I'm in the process of miscarrying atm and dh & I are already talking about when we are going to ttc. I miscarried at 6 weeks in December and at 6 weeks now at the end of April. I was told that its just one of those things & because I have a healthy 1 1/2 yr old that they assume that nothing is wrong - that we just need to try again. Well now dh & I are second guessing ourselves. 1 miscarriage - yes I believed the dr when he said it - now after 2 its harder to believe.

So my question is - when ttc after miscarriage - are you doing anything differently in hopes of a different outcome? Have you been taking different vitamins? Drinking more water, getting dh to drink less caffiene? Eating differently, losing weight, gaining weight, etc, etc?

I realize that its impossible to know what went wrong when they wont do testing - but its hard not to think how can we expect a different outcome if we are doing the same thing we have been the past 6 months & its ended in 2 miscarriages?

I am so sorry you're going through this again :(

I definitely have cut out caffeine and reduced artificial sweeteners- and I am taking baby aspirin for sure ALL bc of the miscarriage.

Be careful about weight.. like if you need to lose a few ~ do it SUPER slow or it can mess with your cycles. I'm right where I need to be on my weight but I struggle to maintain it.

Do you and your DH take vitamins?? Here is what I take : prenatal, omega 3, folic acid, baby aspirin, super b complex, and royal jelly. My DH takes multivitamin, omega 3, zinc, royal jelly, folic acid, and pycnogenol. If you google any of those with fertility~ you can read a lot about why I take them. I think it's a good thing to take regardless and it can only help!

I truly am sorry you're going through this again hun :hugs:

Im so sorry for both your losses, i have had 3 early losses around 5 weeks and because i have a four year old they wont do any tests on me either.
Theres loads of different vitamins and things you could try. Ive used a ferilty monitor, instead cups, reflexolgy and different vitamins. The month i had reflexology was one of the months i got pregnant. I hope your next bean sticks! There is always the not trying method, that worked for me last month (even though my bean didnt stick)

Hollyw79 thats a lot of stuff you take your obviously know alot about vitamins!! xxx

Im so sorry for both your losses, i have had 3 early losses around 5 weeks and because i have a four year old they wont do any tests on me either.
Theres loads of different vitamins and things you could try. Ive used a ferilty monitor, instead cups, reflexolgy and different vitamins. The month i had reflexology was one of the months i got pregnant. I hope your next bean sticks! There is always the not trying method, that worked for me last month (even though my bean didnt stick)

Hollyw79 thats a lot of stuff you take your obviously know alot about vitamins!! xxx

wellllllllll I've been researching for MONTHS on what the best things to take are.. and that's what I came up with. :thumbup:

Thanks girls :hugs:

I've been reading a couple of books & looking into different vitamins. I've been on baby asprin w/ Megan & both losses. We were taking more vitamins when we got pregnant with her though- right now I was just taking prenatal & dh was taking a multivitamin.

Hadnt heard of the royal jelly or the pycnogenol - I'll look into those.

DH has been drinking quite a bit of caffiene & one thing I read was talking about caffiene affecting chromosomes w/ sperm. But I hadnt looked into that further. Asking dh to limit caffiene is going to be hard! LOL

I havent been drinking any caffiene & we've been trying to eat healthy foods but of course we could always do better!

It's hard to be "perfect"... for example- I DO still have coffee- but- I was drinking 4-5 cups a day and now I have a half of a cup- so I'm still getting my "taste" for it fulfilled but really did drastically reduce how much.

thing is too- some info is contradictory- bc caffeine can actually HELP a man's motility..

https://www.docguide.com/coffee-drinkers-have-faster-sperm-presented-asrm

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconception/dadstobe/dietforadadtobe/

I think if it was alcohol- that would be different and yes, ask him to cut back that.. but coffee should be ok for him! :hugs:

Thanks for the links! Dh will be relieved to hear that!!! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->