Are you ever 100 about a name before you see the baby?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
With my son we were team yellow so he wasn't named until birth. I cant remember when I 100% felt it was his name.

This little lady probably has a name already, and I like it and OH likes it, but I'm not as 100% sure as I am with her brother.. Is it because she isn't here yet? Or is it a sign that we should keep thinking?

I was 100% with my DSs name from the beginning, but DH needed time to come around to his middle name.

We already have ideas for our next and both our girl and boys name took me time to feel comfortable with.

I Dont persay think it means that it isn't her name...but that you just need more time to think it over. Maybe look at name lists online and compare to her name to see how they stack up. That should tell you pretty quick if its her name or not. If you find names that you really love, then I would reconsider. If you don't like others, it will give you the reassurance you need. You have until you fill out the paperwork so there is no rush to "finalize" it now

We were 100% sure. No 1000% sure of our firsts name before she was born. I fell in love with it 4 years prior to getting pregnant and thought, if we ever have a daughter well name her that. Hubby liked it right away too. I was so comfortable and loved her name I used it as soon as we found out she was a she. She's 2 now and it's so perfectly her name in every way, there's no doubt it was meant to be her. This is baby girl #2 and it took me a long time to figure out what name I even liked. I don't know why but I'm just not as confident with this name. Not that I don't love it, bc I do, but I just seem to be less sure. But there isn't a name I like more so I'm thinking it's just bc this is #2 and everything has been way less intense. There's this level of excitement and anticipation with #1 and not that we're not super excited but I do t know... #2 is different. I guess we're busy taking care of #1 so I can't sit around and spend all day thinking and obsessing like I did with the first lol

Not with dd1. With dd2 I was convinced of her name and there was no question when she was finally born

Not 100% sure with Sophie at all. Her name was Zoe while I was pregnant! She had no name for a couple of days after being born.

I was 100% with my baby's name before she was even born. This baby, if it's another girl will be much harder.

If it doesn't feel 100% Id keep thinking.

Alice was Anna from 16 weeks Til my due date, but I could never picture myself calling her it. I ended up texting hubby that night saying I wanted to call her Alice, and he replied that he had never felt 100% on Anna.
When she was born I knew that we did the right thing changing it, she's just an Alice ☺️

I gave my baby her name when I was 16 weeks pregnant. We finalised it the night before our private gender scan. It wasn't a name either of us ever considered until I suggested Grace when Amazing Grace was on the TV, we changed it slightly to Gracie but I was so sure her name would be Gracie that I got frames which spelled her name and put them up in the nursery! Because we had been calling her Gracie for so long, by the time she was born it just had to be Gracie. She looks so like a Gracie but I think its just because we couldn't imagine her called anything else.

We always like to decide on the name before they're born. OH especially likes to know if baby is a boy he will be X or if a girl she will be Z. So we chose Jack and Freddie and were 100% that if they were boys that was their names. I never even question it after birth! I never understood looking at the baby and thinking they don't suit a name but I know some people say that happens...

This is the first time I've known gender like you, so I'm a bit nervous of deciding on a name yet for some reason! So almost exactly the same as you. I think I know what he'll be called but I'm trying not to settle too quickly on it

I wasn't sure with my daughter until we saw her. Same with this one--I think we'll have to see him to know for sure.

If there was a name DH and I 100% agreed on that might be different, but as it is we find it hard to agree so we just have to go with some options and see what seems to fit.

I haven't been 100% on a name but settled on it as I wanted my six year old to bond with my bump and giving baby a name has helped her do that. Now I can't imagine my bump been called anything else and I just hope she looks like her name when she is here.
We have gone for Isla Isabella.

I wasn't sure until I seen my son. He was called Oliver or Ollie all throughout my pregnancy but it wasn't official. Then when he was born I completely changed my mind and picked a name I had only thought about a day or so before.

I am so glad I chnaged it tho. I love his name now - Caleb.

We considered LO's name before we were pregnant with her but decided on it during the pregnancy. I had a few times I was unsure but decided that was to be her name. It's different for everyone :)

With DD1 I knew what her name would be before she was even conceived. It's a name I have loved for years and I always knew I wanted to have a daughter and call her that name. We found out at 20 weeks we were expecting a girl and actually we did consider a few other names, but we always came back to the original.
With DD2 we were team yellow, and had no boys names. So if she had been a boy we'd have decided after birth. We had a girls name though already, which we stuck with.

Yes I was 100% with ds2, he was due December 13th so i chose a Christmassy name. I told my husband I wanted the name and luckily he agreed. He was born on Boxing Day in the end so it really works

We were 100% on names both times. We had one name each time once we found out we were having boys and that's the name we called them in the womb and that's the name they stayed with when they were born. We never considered anything else and neither of us wavered after the birth. I think we are the exception rather than the rule though as most people keep their options open a bit more.

I found it nice as we told friends and family prior to the birth what their names would be and everyone called them that even before they were born, which I really enjoyed as instead of an abstract 'the baby' it was 'hey, this is a proper person with a name!'. That's just my take on it though. :)

I was 100% sure on Oscars name.

We didn't even have a name for Jack when he was born. DH chose the name Jack and he is three now and I'm still not keen on it.

We were team yellow and had a boy and a girl name picked out, so the baby was named since before birth. We actually had our girl name picked out for 2 years before I even got pregnant, so we were definitely 100% certain that would be the name if we had a girl.

We are pretty settled on Sebastian Richard for him. But we won't totally commit until we see him. I however love it and really want to use it. So unless he arrives and I get a really strong opinion that is what we are going with.

With DS, my OH suggested his name around 16 weeks and we both instantly loved it and knew that was it. Never wavered.

With DD, we went back and forth up to around 35 weeks, and settled on one of two. But for a long time I wondered if I was really as sold on the name as OH was (it was his preferred name, the other was my preferred name).

Now, with DD nearly two, I feel her name fits her perfectly. She has grown into it for me, and I can't really imagine her with the other name. Something funny that she does is that when you ask her, "Are you a cheeky monkey? Are you a sweet little kitten? Are you [insert amusing combination here]?" she shouts very decisively, "I'm NONI!" It's like she has really claimed it for her own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->