Are you ever 100 about a name before you see the baby?

Thanks ladies, I am pretty sure it's our name. One'issue' I have is that OH says he can't imagine calling her by her full name and only nicknames that we both like.. Now I like the nickname a lot but I still see the full name as her name, you know? It worries me that he's not attached to the full name, although he's still all for using it. Do you think the full name would become more 'normal' for him if everyone were using it?

Btw, name is Tabitha nns: Tabby/Tibs/Bitsy

We had this problem with the name Joseph. Hubby likes Joe but not fussed on Joseph. I told him he can still call him Joe but it'd be Joseph on birth certificate, but it was a real sticking point and we went with William instead, as I just couldn't take him round.
It's a hard one but if he likes the nicknames then I think he could come round to the full name- I think it's lovely by the way!

Our little girl's full name is Manon, and I had that same issue as your OH that I could only imagine her as her nickname. But I think her full name is just not a baby name. It's a name for a little girl, or a woman, and it has taken her time to grow into it.

PS. Tabitha is gorgeous and I would definitely nn her Tibs!

We had a similar issue. I loved Grace, but my OH preferred Gracie so we agreed Gracie to be her day-to-day name but to be Gracie on her birth certificate. Until we went to register her and I accidentally said Gracie!

I was 100% with both of my boys before they were born.. It took me tell i was 36 or so weeks with my Youngest to decide on a name I loved though!

Angel- her personality will help with the nn. My little guy is Charles- I never wanted to call him Charlie but others did because they thought the full name was too grown up. But this kid is NOT a charlie- he is too serious and it doesn't fit. All but two people (my SIL and niece) have stopped saying charlie and call him by his full name. Just call her what you want and she will show you as she grows what fits best

I was team yellow with my first and was never 100% on a name, I think it's almost impossible when u don't even know what ur having. When he was born a boy he was given the boys name we'd had in mind.

With my next 2 their names were decided straight away. We knew Leo would be Leo by the time I was 16 weeks and found out he was a boy and Logan was on our list too so we decided to save it in case we ever had another boy so Logan was Logan before he was even conceived. This time no idea!!! I have a few boys names I love but not a single girls name!!!!

I was 13 weeks pregnant and we knew it was his name. We never bothered with a backup

With my lg we were team yellow but never settled on a boy or girls name. I think as it was my first I had a hard time imagining what they would look and be like. There was one clear front runner until about 8 months then another name cropped up. When she was born we knew that name was hers, there was no question.

With this baby it's harder as we have gotten pickier and a lot of our friends have had babies and picked beautiful names. But again we'll have a shortlist and see what fits.

To the op I think you can be 100% but just because you're not doesn't mean it's not their name. You get 6 weeks ( in the uk) to register the birth so you've got time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->