Are you happy with the house your LO has been born into?

C

Ceejay123

I hear a lot of people on here ranting about neighbours or needing to move, and honestly I feel awful for them. I feel incredibly lucky. I am a full time university student, me OH and a friend decided to rent privately rather than go into student halls. Luckily this was helpful when I got pregnant as me and OH decided to stay on at this place.

I love the amount of space we have for LO, gorgeous Garden, private drive with a park at the end of it, so no cars. I honestly never want to move - Which of course can't happen. We have five bedrooms - So one is LO's nursery which I'm glad of as he didn't sleep in our room very well. It was also completely childproofed before we moved in - The pond is behind a barrier, cupboards/doors etc are childproofed and anti-slam.

Have you guys managed to get your house the way you want it before having LO? :)

x

Before we had Sophie me and OH private rented a 2 bedroom terrace house we lived there for 3 years then moved when Sophie was 5 months as we wanted a garden so she could play in as the terrace just had a little concrete yard, plus it was on a main road.

We moved into the house we live in now, a semi detached 2 bedroomed with a big front & back garden with loads of grass & a driveway in a quiet cul de sac which to be honest it would be fine if we didn't have another baby on the way, but now we have to move.

This baby was planned but we didn't think it would happen first time after stopping the pill lol. Me and OH regret moving house as our old house had 2 big bedrooms, big kitchen & good living room. x

There are a few things I'd like to change but generally, yes I'm happy. First thing on our list is to try and stop the neighbours' cats pooping in our garden. Then I'd like to decorate the dining room and our bedroom. I'd like new interior doors too and need to do something with the front garden.

On the plus side, our house is the perfect size for us, the rooms are big, the neighbours are fine and it's handy for everything we need.

When I became pregnant we lived in a gorgeous 5 bed house share so we had to move, we could have stayed as everyone said they were willing to move out, but there was no way we could afford rent on our own! So our land lord moved us into another property he had 3bed semi with a garden, it needed work but he never got round to it the garden was over grown and I hated everything about it, we finally got enough money to move 250 miles away when Lucas had not long turned 3, we moved into a 2bed ground floor flat, it was perfect for about 8 months then the neighbour from hell moved in, we are currently undergoing a court case with her, the police and council have both sorted letters to take to another borough council advising that we need rehoming as it affects Lucas, he wont even step outside on his own, no way for a 5 year old to live :cry:

I did feel a bit sad when we left our first house as it was where Lucas came home to where he learnt to walk crawl and so on, this one I cant wait I want our lives back

I love my house...We live in a beautiful cottage in the country with a huge garden for the girls.

I am going to have to move back home to England as I hate being so far away from my family and Im going to really be sad to leave my house. Wish i could pick it up and take it with me :( I'll never find a house I like as much as this one x

we were living a small 2 bedroom house with nice garden when Daniel was born. we moved to a gorgeous and massive 4 bedroom house with huge garden when he was 18 months old.

we are very lucky in that we have been able to keep our first house and rent it out, so the memories are still there!

I LOVE where my house is situated - close to school, asda, tesco, park, and literally over our back garden is a big, recently refurbished leasure centre with a theatre! swimming, ice skating, soft play, cafe, gym, classes etc :D

we have a sure start centre around the corner literally 20 steps away, with baby groups, summer activities, weigh clinic, HV's etc

our back garden is huge, and I just generally like this house, we bought it before we had kids so lots of memories of our 3 kids only thing is now its too small....its only 2 bedrooms but we manage fine, but would realllllly love it to be bigger, its been up for sale for 3 years! not selling and TBH in this financial climate not sure if we could afford to move right now anyway, so we just make the most of what we have got. cant afford an extention so a bit stuck here really. thinking about renting it out and renting somewhere bigger.

Our little house is perfect. It's a two bedroom cob cottage on a private estate (there's about 7 houses around us, but we're not overlooked at all, we're detached ). We live in the country, yet a 5 min drive from town. A great school is right on our door step (3 min drive) - infact people try to move to the area to get into this school!
We have a nice sized garden and we're in the heart of Cornwall.
Doesn't get much better!
I'm so pleased our little boy can grow up here. One day we will have to move to a bigger house but for now... so happy.

I love the area I live in. It's a new area so there are lots of young families and baby groups around. There are also a couple of parks within a couple
minutes walk from our house.

I love my house but it's too small for us now. We were going to sell this year but we want the house price to improve. We are now going to TTC number two and look at moving in the next 12-18 months.

Ideally I would like to stay in the area we are in as my sisters live close and the schools in the area are great.

I hate my house and where I live :(

We used to live in a lovely if not teeny two bed new build terrace in Lincoln. The only bad thing was the garden was just a small patio out the back which was massively overlooked.

OH got a new job and we moved when LO was five weeks old. We chose this house in this area out of desperation. We had one day to look at places and choose :(

The house itself is a reasonable size it's just shabby and worn out, the carpets are fraying, the tiles in the kitchen have cracked and the woodwork is rotting as is the supports under the bath so that wobbles all the time, the bathroom cold tap in the sink won't sit still, toilet seats don't fit the old toilet so break often, roof keeps leaking, laminate is peeling and is chipped... the list goes on :( next door one side are loud with two dogs who bark all the time even at 11pm, her 12 year old has appalling language you can hear through the 2inch thick walls. House on the other side is being renovated so builders are in every day banging and drilling...

And this town has nothing and is miles away from anywhere so costs a bomb in fuel to get to work/the shops :(

Was due to view somewhere today but just as I was leaving I got a call that it had just been let. I cried for two hours, that's how desperate I am to leave :(

I lived with my parents till lo was 11 months so there house was perfect.

We have a lovely spacious flat in a fantastic area we are 5 mins walking.distance from the major town centre and 15 mins walking distance from the beach (southend) we are surrounded by big parks we have one at the ens of.our street and one at tge opposite end which is a big park/greenery where they host mini festivals/carnivals displays etc i can literally here them all sitting in my kitchen lol.
I have my best friend cousin 4 streets away and my aunt 10 min walk we have our own private garden and all the rooms are larger than average with high ceilings the only downfall really is lack of cupboard space for storage but we do have our own loft. Neighbours are lovely i grew up in this town and i love it im happy where were living x

I hate mine :(

I moved in with my OH while pregnant. We live in a 2 bed flat which he owns. The flat isn't too bad for size, good size bedrooms and living room

However, my oh lived here for a few years before I moved in and had done NOTHING to it, so decor wise it wadls horrid. Since I moved in my dad has decorated a few rooms so its not as bad as it was.

the block looks horrendous from the outside, and not all the flats are owned. Infact a few of them have junkies living in :(

If it wasn't for the fact oh owned this place and its a nightmare to sell, id move. OH doesn't see qhythig wrong with it, obviously coz he's a man. There is no chance in hell id let Jessica out to play when she's older from fear of the ppl around here! We have no garden etc :( xx

We really had to fight for our current flat - my OH pays his part of the rent, and I get help with mine and Lenas part - the thing is the amount that they would help me with wasn't enough to cover the rent so we had a right fight on our hands to get the flat. It was only 17€ difference which we could afford out of our own money. We eventually got the okay for it and it's much bigger and nicer than our old flat. There was no decent flooring in our old flat so we basically had the base floor...it was so ugly :( the flat we have now has nice laminate flooring and it feels much more nicer to be there.

It also has a room for Lena, plus an extra room for our computers so we could move them out the living room and actually have a living room rather than a living room slash office. The kitchen is a bit smaller than the old one, but we manage. Bathroom is bigger but the living room and bedroom are the same size.

It's really quiet where we live and our neighbours have actually asked us if Lena is okay as they never hear her cry. I have my own parking space (not reserved for me, but it's always available for me to park in) and there's a little park about 20 seconds walk away for Lena to play in when she's older. Shops are close by and the tram station is a stones throw away.

The only thing that sucks about it is that it's a third floor flat so getting Lena up and down is really difficult.

I hate the one we are in at the moment,but only 2 weeks left and we will moving into a lovely new house,with 3 bedrooms close to the city..I can't wait.

Here the council moved in people who smoke drugs above us,we had no choice but to leave.x

I hated the place we lived in when Tegan was born, but love the house we are in now :)

We have recently moved into a lovely big 3 bedroom mid terrace. It's lovely it has a large kitchen/diner, downstairs loo, bathroom upstairs, loads of storage cupboards, garage, front shed, good sized front and back gardens :) We rent off the council and most of the houses in this row are privately owned, the lady who lived here before us was here for 44 years. We have had a new kitchen and bathrooms fitted and we're in the process of decorating it how we'd like so hopefully this is our forever home now.

The place before was a small 2 bed flat, we had major problems with the bathroom so that was damp and led into our bedroom so we had a mould problem in there. The kitchen was tiny and had only 3 cupboards and very little work surface and was over 20 years old so it was horrid. But that was the place where DS2 was born so we had good memories there, despite how crappy the flat was. Lol.

I lived with my parents till lo was 11 months so there house was perfect.

We have a lovely spacious flat in a fantastic area we are 5 mins walking.distance from the major town centre and 15 mins walking distance from the beach (southend) we are surrounded by big parks we have one at the ens of.our street and one at tge opposite end which is a big park/greenery where they host mini festivals/carnivals displays etc i can literally here them all sitting in my kitchen lol.
I have my best friend cousin 4 streets away and my aunt 10 min walk we have our own private garden and all the rooms are larger than average with high ceilings the only downfall really is lack of cupboard space for storage but we do have our own loft. Neighbours are lovely i grew up in this town and i love it im happy where were living x

I'm in Southend also :D

No. We moved in 2 months before I had LO. But due to them coming in to redo the kitchen and bathroom, and financial reasons we didnt do much other than paint all the rooms.
The week I had LO we had no kitchen....and for 4 weeks after her room was full of her stuff and kitchen stuff. I spent my days in the living room as I could only use that or the bedroom due to the work men :(. I didnt want to leave them alone in here as I had heard tales of sthings going missing form other flats.

We should never have accepted the place as its on the 2nd floor to (3rd for the states) and after a c-sec I struggled to get LO out of the flat on my own, carrying her and a buggy doen teh steep stairs - so I gave up.

Neighobours direct are ok - one is child minder. 1 other with kids. all work. But the area in general.........I cant decide.

The flat is a 2 bed, and all the floors creak and bounce - you have to tiptoe about and the floor boards have moved/warped/sunk since we moved in in 2009. Emma is sad she has no garden as well :(. We want out, but we pay council rents..........to go private is £700 MORE month :(.

I would be okay if LO was brought home here first. It's only a 2 bedroom, but it would be fine for one LO. We plan on buying a 4 bedroom soon, but DH needs to find a job first. We'll rent out this house then. I need to get the nursery painted the one week I'll have off before we have to go back to school/ work (that I don't have camp).

Am quite fond of my house as i have lived here 10 years now and dd2 was born 12 days after i moved in... Oh moved in 2 1/2 yrs ago and we had lo last year. It needs new carpets upstairs and re decorating throughout but at the moment we simply can't afford to. We are council but in a nice area and are hoping to buy once i qualify and money a bit better then perhaps Will decorate. Its not our forever house but i love it just oh would like to move back to barnet as we don't really have a social life here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->