Are you preparing your body for TTC?

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
I am :happydance:

I take many daily supplements;

Folic acid, vit C, D3, B complex, omega 3, calcium and magnesium, B12, royal jelly, bee pollen, co enzyme q10!

Also following slimming world to reduced fat in my diet and lose a few pounds beforehand!

I am going to start using OPKs this cycle as well so I can try and pin point ovulation!

What are you all doing?! :flower:

I'm taking folic acid, and a regular multi vitamin. Going to start charting too soon.
:)

Not so much prepping my body as I am trying to figure out my body. I have super long cycles (100+ days) and am trying to shorten them with vitex (chaste berry). Also taking my multi, b complex, d, c and e just to maintain good health :) I do chart as well, but its is difficult and very frustrating with my stupid cycles!

Folic acid and trying to get my body toned & as healthy as poss :)
I'm also trying to work out when I ovulate too.

I take cvs brand prenatals, that's about it =) Plus I stopped the pill a few months ago to try and figure out my cycles!

I'm currently taking a prenatal vitamin.
I knew we would be TTC soon (just firmed up the date yesterday!), and so for the last few cycles I've been tracking using the My Fertility Friend app. I'm also trying to eat a bit healthier, so I can get into healthier habits before I get my BFP.

I really want to start working out again (winter gets me slowing down). I am taking a prenatal every day (should I be taking folic acid and vitamin b?)

I also need to get my thyroid under control, so will be getting bloods done soon to see my levels.

Just ordered my copy of "Taking Charge of your fertility" to help understand my body and find out when I ovulate. I will probably start charting just for kicks.

I have been taking prenatal vitamins for a couple of months, and in general trying to keep myself healthy. I set a target of running a half-marathon before we start trying in February, and tomorrow I'm running in a 5K as part of the training. It's weird to think of running a race as a TTC milestone but whatever you have to do to pass the time, right? ;)

I'm currently taking Vitamin D, Multi B, Probiotics, Chromium (for blood sugar) and Fish Oil.

I'm also taking Inositol to help with my PCOS.

I've just started charting, trying to see if I'm actually ovulating. I think I am, because I've been noticing different things so we will see this month if I am on track!

I've also bought a treadmill and I'm currently doing about 20 minutes four times a week, trying to get myself starting slow as I am SO out of shape.

Right now I'm taking One A Day for women it has 400 mcg's of Folic Acid and I've lost 45 lbs.That should be helpful in the future too.

I take new chapter perfect prenatal. It's an organic wholefood prenatal with folate, as opposed to folic acid in it. That's why I like it. :thumbup: I also take ceylon cinnamon capsules that I made (for PCOS/insulin resistance) and take fish oil when I remember (not so often, I always forget coz it's in the fridge).

I've just finished TCOYF. I am doing OPKs and I started charting last month. I also go to the gym 3-4x a week. And all the other stuff like eating organic foods (what I can afford anyway), minimising sugar and junk, getting lots of rest (love that one!) etc. I already don't drink/smoke/consume caffeine or soft drinks.

I've not had to change that much, actually. :haha: Apart from the fact that I have PCOS, I think my body is set to go!

How are you finding the inositol? I was researching it and interesting in trying (I also have PCOS) but I've heard so many conflicting things and nothing definitive!! :(

How are you finding the inositol? I was researching it and interesting in trying (I also have PCOS) but I've heard so many conflicting things and nothing definitive!! :(

To be honest I wasn't taking it regularly to really tell if it was working. But now I'm taking it religiously so I will let you know how the results are. I do notice that since I started taking all the vitamins and stuff my hunger has been curbed significantly. I can barely eat half of my normal portions.

I really want to start working out again (winter gets me slowing down). I am taking a prenatal every day (should I be taking folic acid and vitamin b?)

I also need to get my thyroid under control, so will be getting bloods done soon to see my levels.

Just ordered my copy of "Taking Charge of your fertility" to help understand my body and find out when I ovulate. I will probably start charting just for kicks.

You are advised to start folic acid 3 months before TTC

I'm taking Garden of Life RAW prenatal, fish oil, COQ10, Kelp, Magnesium/Calcium. I follow a paleolithic diet and try to avoid additives and preservatives. Exercise is nowhere close to where i should be :(..I'm going to try to do more yoga this month. I can't believe in 1 month from today we'll be TTC! :O

To be honest I wasn't taking it regularly to really tell if it was working. But now I'm taking it religiously so I will let you know how the results are. I do notice that since I started taking all the vitamins and stuff my hunger has been curbed significantly. I can barely eat half of my normal portions.

Cool, thanks. Nothing seems to curb my hunger. I eat more than my DF. :dohh:

I'm taking Garden of Life RAW prenatal, fish oil, COQ10, Kelp, Magnesium/Calcium. I follow a paleolithic diet and try to avoid additives and preservatives. Exercise is nowhere close to where i should be :(..I'm going to try to do more yoga this month. I can't believe in 1 month from today we'll be TTC! :O

Oh goodness, I envy you with the paleo. I so WANT to do paleo, but half the foods I like aren't even anywhere near paleo. :haha: At least I buy my pasta organic, right? Right?!

It's where you try to replicate the diet of of paleolithic ancestors, before the agricultural revolution. So meat and vegies and some nuts, no grains or refined sugars, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->